mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Long torso hydration pack help

I have a Camelbak Alpine pack that I have used many time for hikes but I have never used the belt on it, now that I want to use it for riding I found it is not tall enough. I need something a few inches longer, I tried on a friends Osprey Zealot 16 and its close but I need something longer. I was looking at the Evoc FR Trail in XL but I would like to try one on before purchase but it looks like I am out of luck with that. Does anyone on here have first hand experience comparing the Osprey to Evoc?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Long torso hydration pack help

Look into Wingnut/ Hyper 2.5 or 3. Non traditional but the harness is completely adjustable. They are hard to find in shops so online may be your only option.

Pedaling

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Was the Osprey pack you looked at in the M/L size? I'm 6'8" and have the Osprey Talon 11 in M/L. Its fits pretty well, maybe a tad short. I have more issues with the strap not being adjustable enough. I can't clip it around my body. I end up just tightening it all the way and not using it.

The Ergon packs have Large sizes and are adjustable. I looked into them, but had a hard time even finding them online for a decent price. I'd be curious about that XL Evoc pack as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: Long torso hydration pack help

Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    Look into Wingnut/ Hyper 2.5 or 3. Non traditional but the harness is completely adjustable. They are hard to find in shops so online may be your only option.

Pedaling
    They are also in my short list but I have the same issue, I want to try one on before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight369 View Post
    Was the Osprey pack you looked at in the M/L size? I'm 6'8" and have the Osprey Talon 11 in M/L. Its fits pretty well, maybe a tad short. I have more issues with the strap not being adjustable enough. I can't clip it around my body. I end up just tightening it all the way and not using it.

The Ergon packs have Large sizes and are adjustable. I looked into them, but had a hard time even finding them online for a decent price. I'd be curious about that XL Evoc pack as well.
    It was a m/l zealot, the m/l escapist fits great but it has adjustable straps. I need to find an Evoc dealer or see what their return policy is.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

roots, rocks, rhythm
    I have a long back and the XL Evoc pack your thinking of works quite nicely for me.
    With their system the belt fits tight for the back protection which I have to say I really like.
    The pack does not bounce around like my old ones did on the rough trails or really technical trails!
    Like yourself I had to rely on the measurements off their website to make sure and take a chance and order it.
    Been very happy with it!!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I am all torso with a 54" chest, and the Osprey Talon fits me the best of all packs I have every tried (every one I ever see).
    HBSURFDAD
    2014 Stumpjumper FSR 29er evo. XXL.