Omaha Clyde
    Mar 2009

let's choose a wheelset....

I am 250lbs and ride xc singletrack in the midwest. Race mostly endurance 3+ hour events and am looking a new wheelset for my scott scale 29er. Right now im looking between Stans Flow rims with hope pro 2 hubs and a set of mavic C29ssmax......what do you think!

Former Bike Wrench
    Go with the handbuilt wheelset, Stans Rims (Arch if running XC tires in the 2.1" width range, Flow if running wider), and Wheelsmith DB14 or DT Comp spokes. Hope Pro II hubs would be a good choice though if you could afford Hadley hubs they would be a sweet upgrade.

turtles make me hot
    Are you running tubelrss? If not, go Hadley hubs and Salsa Semi rims. It's my go to Clyde combo.
    I like turtles

Omaha Clyde
    Mar 2009
    I am currently not running tubeless but intend to try it out on this new wheel set. I found a decently priced crest rim/hope pro 2 hub but it only is a 32h rim. Think a 36 is completely necessary? The hadley hubs look a bit pricey, are they worth it?

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by jarHunter
    I am currently not running tubeless but intend to try it out on this new wheel set. I found a decently priced crest rim/hope pro 2 hub but it only is a 32h rim. Think a 36 is completely necessary? The hadley hubs look a bit pricey, are they worth it?
    No Crest for you...no way

Arch or Flow...32 hole would be OK for XC but 36 hole (at least on the rear) would increase the durability.

Hadley hubs are pricey but have a proven Clyde friendly track record, though the Hope is a pretty durable design as well.