Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kona Hei Hei 29 se 2011

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  skidad 
#1 ·
Just wondering if any of you fellas would know if it will handle a big boy like myself.It does have a couple good upgrades,Rock Shok Sid w/15mm axle and Stans arch wheels w/Stans 3.30 hubs? Thanks for the help

#2 ·
I am 6'3, 270 on a 23" Hei Hei. I am by no means an aggressive rider but I really like that bike. More XC oriented, climbs great.

The only issue I have is that I have to run a narrower rear tire as I get a bit of flex and chain stay rub when the shock is compressed.

Cheers
Craig

#3 ·
I am just over 300 and dropping about 3-4 lbs a week I am also 6-3 but so far all the 19" 29er's fit great.I am going to look at it tomorrow afternoon. He was going to take me on some trails to really test it but we got a !" of rain so thats out.I am either get this bike or go look at some hardtail 29ers

#6 ·
I bought a 22in SE last November so it's been almost a year. The bike has been great so far to me. I'm 6'3 245lb and the bike has held up great. I love to climb and the Kona does it very well especially if you stay seated. The stock shock and fork smooth out the ride very well be it a rock garden, tree roots or a drop off.
The only real issues I've had is the stock EA70XC rims go out of true easily. I'm not doing big jumps or anything, mainly 1-2ft. drop offs and going over logs. Still about every two months I have the rear wheel in for truing. The other issue is the brakes; the stock Elixir 3's work great but they are very noisy. They squeal very loudly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.