Re-friggin'-Lax!!!

Knee/Shin Pad Help?

Hey guys how are you all? I NEED new leg armor. But I'm "blessed?" with BIG legs, think Tyrannosaurus Rex body type, But I am also 6'5" so I have long legs too. I have been using skate pads and well they suck. They bind at my knee, and spin when I crash. What are the best pads for larger riders? Anyone with good experiences...
    Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBERTIME
    Hey guys how are you all? I NEED new leg armor. But I'm "blessed?" with BIG legs, think Tyrannosaurus Rex body type, But I am also 6'5" so I have long legs too. I have been using skate pads and well they suck. They bind at my knee, and spin when I crash. What are the best pads for larger riders? Anyone with good experiences...
    Thanks!!
    I really like my 661 DJ elbow pads. HOwever I hate my 4x4 knee/shin pads. Reason being I'm 6'4" with a 35-36" inseam. The bottom of the shin-guard is not just above my cankle. Its more like 3-4" above my ankle. More importantly there is full fabric wrap around behind the knee. I blame this for all the binding that goes on when I pedal. I'm thinking of removing this material (and keeping the elastic velcro strap above the knee).

Personally, I don't think anyone makes knee/shin combo pads long enough for you or I. I'd suggest going to a few shops and trying on different brands. I have a feelign that if you want to pedal and you want protection you're going to end up with a knee pad and a shin pad (you may have to do some work to get that to happen as well).

Just my 2cents. Note that my local shops didn't have much in my size so I didn't get a chance to compare brand to brand.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

armour for big legs

I have huge legs from years of powerlifting & squats and I had the same problem.
    I had Roach custom make mine . Dont know if you can still since RaceFace bought them up. Give em a email. -