Thread: knee pads?

mtbr member
    May 2009

knee pads?

Has anyone found good knee pads? I'm 5'10, 250#'s so thighs above the knees are large. I figured most of the knee pads that are XL would probably be too small. Do they stretch? Or any non-mtb knee pad recommendations? I've seen some riders that have'em w/straps rather than pull=over. They're not 100% necessary but I thought if the price was right, might be good to have a pair for days I try to ride hard.

I've been riding since March & have lost 8 #'s w/out gaining any back. I hadn't ridden a bike since I was a kid. I hike the trails I ride now & always thought riding would be fun. Definitely one of the best things I've ever done!

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I am 5'10" and 275 lbs. I just bought a pair of the 661 Kyle Stait's in XL and they are awesome. I bought them on Chainlove.com and got a great deal on them, but if I had to pay regular price they would still be worth it. They are like wearing the old wrap around neoprine knee braces I wore playing high school sports. I had a set of Rockgardn LZ Shorty's, but I did not like them. They had a mesh sleeve w/ strap for the upper part (that goes around your thigh) and just a strap for the below the knee. I wore them for 30 min and sent them back. Just the strap did not keep the bottom in place.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I use my motocross knee/shin guards.Work great and super adjustible and comffy!!
    I recomend the EVS brand.
    TCSD
    UC Cyclery
    Braveheart Fitness
    Cactus Racing