mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Just picked up my first Jersey...5XL

Due to my size (6'2" 315lbs 3XL shirts) I wasn't sure about getting a jersey, especially since they aren't cheap. However I need one as part of my Halloween costume this year, so I used that as an excuse to myself and the wife of why I need one. I ended up ordering a Primal Wear Glory Jersey in 5XL.(measurements seemed about right). I got it today and it fits great, it is a little snug on my belly, but they're supposed to be tight. It is very light and comfortable. The only problem with the fit I have is that it is short. I have a long torso, so it I move a little it rises up on my stomach a little bit. I guess it's a good excuse to order some bibs! What other brands have you had success in getting a good fit for us big guys?

The bigger you are, the harder you fall.

mtbr member
    While I'm not as big of guy as you, I to have a long torso and get the same ride-up effect. I've found World Jersey's to fit on the long side. I normally buy regular upper body clothes in LT (Large Tall), the Large World Jersey fits me well and stays put. I'm not sure how big of size they go up to, but might be worth looking into.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Nashbar's house brand. They run true to regular US shirt sizing, and a couple versions come in long/ tall versions.

Nashbar Earth Jersey - Men's Cycling Clothing
    Nashbar Couch Potato Cycling Jersey - Men's Cycling Clothing
    Nashbar Errol Jersey - Men's Cycling Clothing

I ordered the 'Eco Comp' in Large Tall, and it is a GREAT fit! I wear men's size large undershirts, XL t-shirts, to give you an idea.

Also, I ordered a 'Hoss' jersey, which are economy basic shirts. Runs slightly smaller than the Nashbar, but the large still fits the same as an undershirt (form fitting) and my belly doesn't flop out too badly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Areotech designs out of PA.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    Nashbar's house brand. They run true to regular US shirt sizing, and a couple versions come in long/ tall versions.

Nashbar Earth Jersey - Men's Cycling Clothing
    Nashbar Couch Potato Cycling Jersey - Men's Cycling Clothing
    Nashbar Errol Jersey - Men's Cycling Clothing

I ordered the 'Eco Comp' in Large Tall, and it is a GREAT fit! I wear men's size large undershirts, XL t-shirts, to give you an idea.

Also, I ordered a 'Hoss' jersey, which are economy basic shirts. Runs slightly smaller than the Nashbar, but the large still fits the same as an undershirt (form fitting) and my belly doesn't flop out too badly.
    What are your chest and waist measurements? I'm looking at the Eco Comp jersey but I find it hard to order a "Large Tall", have not worn a large since I was in 6th or 7th grade. I'm 6'2 and 230-235. My chest is 45, waist is 44, and I have a long torso

@trailgrinder
    Gotta check out Home - TWIN SIX - Alternative Cycling Apparel they have some great jerseys, ship fast and are great for returns. Jerseys are some of the best designs and you can lad hem on sale too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRS73 View Post
    What are your chest and waist measurements? I'm looking at the Eco Comp jersey but I find it hard to order a "Large Tall", have not worn a large since I was in 6th or 7th grade. I'm 6'2 and 230-235. My chest is 45, waist is 44, and I have a long torso
    I am female. My chest and waist are both larger than that, but I have a very short torso and no shoulders It depends if you like it loose fitting! I like it a little tighter, so everything hugs me nicely, shows a bit of curves, shirt comes down to my hips. I just stuck the jersey on the bf, who has similar measurements to yours (he has a smaller waist, same size chest, longish torso) and it fit fine. He said 'a bit tight but I think it is supposed to be like that'. He likes loose shirts. He also expressed concern his belly would flop out, which is a bit of a problem for me while riding, but it isnt bad. It just rides up a bit because it is tight and rests on my moving hips. No belly ever becomes fully exposed

And, hey, they are so cheap you could just order one large and one extra large if you are unsure! It sounds like you *may* want to try an XL, however, because clothes do also tend to shrink a bit with washings and such.