shut up and RIDE!

Jerseys for big guys?

First of all, I was happy to see this forum, since I'm 6'4 and 245lbs, I figured that I would fit right in. I've been riding off and on for about 15 years, but the last year I have really taken it much more seriously. My problem is finding Jerseys that fit me . Does anyone know a source to get jerseys for larger and taller riders? In a normal Tshirt, I usually wear a XXL, or XXL-tall and they fit fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    '11 Surly Pugsley
    '07 Prophet 3
    96' Killer V 900ht
    04' F700sx
    '10 TommiSea Terrain Destroyer

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Suggest doing a search or scrolling back a few pages in the Clyde forum...this question has been asked (and answered) it seems on a weekly basis.

Consensus is that jerseys are not made for us, most of us use some form of performance fabric moisture management t-shirt, such as Under Armour, NIke Dri-FIT or others. I personally swear by my UA t-shirt.....performance wicking, with a cotton-like feel? Very nice indeed.

Hope that helps...

Tim

Black Sheep rising
    Performance Bike has many jerseys (and other clothing) available in XXL.
    Let the market decide!

N42.58 W83.06

mtbr member
    This has been asked alot! My Troy Lee Designs XXXL fits great over body armour. Also, check out Motocross stores as they tend to have larger jerseys at cheaper prices.

thecentralscrutinizer
    For a lightweight/summer jersey, I recently started using http://eagleusaonline.com/ XDri shirts. They are very comfortable, but lack a pocket in the back.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

shut up and RIDE!
    Thanks. I'll look into some of the places listed. I already use the Nike Dri-fit shirts, I was just looking for an actual jersey that would work. The Troy Lee MX stuff sounds like a good starting point.
    '11 Surly Pugsley
    '07 Prophet 3
    96' Killer V 900ht
    04' F700sx
    '10 TommiSea Terrain Destroyer

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I think you'll find actual jerseys will not tend to fit most XXL sized riders....even if they are marked XXL. I have two jerseys that I used to wear eight or so years ago that used to fit...now...well, let's just say it isn't pretty. I keep telling myself my wife shrunk them, but I don't think that's the case :P

Unless you want the rear pockets, or the long front zip, I don't see where a jersey has a benefit over a regular performance fabric t-shirt. And heck, if you want to be able to open the front even more I've seen that Under Armour even has full button front shirts. Not sure how well they'd work, but htey'd allow you to open the shirt as much as you needed.

It is a personal thing tho, so good luck in your jersey search, I hope you find what you need mate!

Tim

I plead the fizif
    I have not tried them before, but this place has sizes up to 6X

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/bigjersey.htm

Captain Underpants
    Man, I just wear an old t-shirt or Nike coolmax shirt and impress my buds with my cool pimpin' style . . .

Mac & Jacks African Amber
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullycanpara
    ...most of us use some form of performance fabric moisture management t-shirt, such as Under Armour, NIke Dri-FIT or others. I personally swear by my UA t-shirt.....performance wicking, with a cotton-like feel? Very nice indeed.

Hope that helps...

Tim
    I buy soccer jerseys from Soccer.com and have found sales in the XL or XXL sizes at 1/2 the normal asking prices. Exterme quality in the Nike Dri-fit materials, cool, never fades or wears out. Not a true bike jersey if you want the flaboyant look, but a great riding top none the less.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Target

Hey, I discovered Champion brand. exercise shirts at Target. They have multiple styles, color, made of moisture wicking tech fabrics, have vented sides and are inexpensive. I think the most expensive one I've seen was 16.95. I've been using these all summer and they have been awesome. The have short sleeve and sleeveless shirts. I feel like a nut spending $40-70 for jerseys now that I found these. If looking for a longsleeve downhill type jersey I usually go with Fox. You can pick them up at Cyclegear for much cheaper that bikes stores and they usually have lots of choices for larger sizes which you never find at a bike store.