Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: glorth2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    545

    Jersey's for big guys

    I remember seeing a thread about riding tops for big guys last year but I don't want to dig it up. I'm starting to not like the jersey feel anymore. I like the zipper so would like to have one of those but I have a long upper body and am pushing 240. What do you guys like out there?

  2. #2
    Sumo-Clydedale
    Reputation: RussBackman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    54
    You might check out Primal. They have XXL sizes.

    http://www.primalwear.com/Catalog/index.cfm?secID=1

    I thinking about ording one to try the fit.

    I have a Fox XXL, but it's too short in the back.

  3. #3
    Lacticacid head
    Reputation: Capt Tripps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    453
    Check out Boure Cycling wear, Ned Overends Company, they go up to 4x as well as will do customs . Small but great company to do biz with.

    http://www.boure.com
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~

  4. #4
    The Notorious S.L.O
    Reputation: btadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,018
    I have had better luck with domestic companies, buying italian XXL ain't the same as a US XXL.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

  5. #5
    Klydesdale
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBackman
    You might check out Primal. They have XXL sizes.

    http://www.primalwear.com/Catalog/index.cfm?secID=1

    I thinking about ording one to try the fit.

    I have a Fox XXL, but it's too short in the back.
    Word of caution. The Primal Wear XXL ain't no XXL. I'm 6'5 and 245 -250 and had to go into their XXXL jerseys. And the XXXL still fits more closely than the XL and XXL jerseys I have from Pearl Izumi, Louis Garneau, Nashbar and Performance.

  6. #6
    mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
    Reputation: eokerholm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by klydesdale
    Word of caution. The Primal Wear XXL ain't no XXL. I'm 6'5 and 245 -250 and had to go into their XXXL jerseys. And the XXXL still fits more closely than the XL and XXL jerseys I have from Pearl Izumi, Louis Garneau, Nashbar and Performance.
    Agreed. Primals are for little people.
    I'm 6'6", 250 and couldn't fit in their XXXL.

    Pearl Izumi is the best by far!!!

    I didn't fit in anything from Performance, Velowear, Sugoi either.

    I buy only Pearl. I would caution you to do the same.

  7. #7
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,135
    I'm 6'2" 235#s with a 33" inseam. That means I have a long torso, too. I just got the Hoss Rustler jersey in a size Large! It fits better than any other jersey I've ever tried on. I'm going to buy a few more. I mean, why not, they're only $25!!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    73
    I just got a Hoss Rustler jersey in XL and it fits nicely. I wear a XXL- tall in normal shirts. My other jersy is a Pearl Izumi XXL which aslo fits good, but I think the Rustler has a little more room in it. Both could be a tad longer, but I have a long torso. I'm about 6'2"-3" and have a 33" inseam.
    I also recently got a pair of 3XL Hoss Ponderossa shorts which work nice. I had tried the XXL pair but they didn't fit over my rather big thighs, though I think the waist would have fit alright.

    Chris

  9. #9
    The Amazing Shrinking Man
    Reputation: stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by nitrochris
    I just got a Hoss Rustler jersey in XL and it fits nicely. I wear a XXL- tall in normal shirts. My other jersy is a Pearl Izumi XXL which aslo fits good, but I think the Rustler has a little more room in it. Both could be a tad longer, but I have a long torso. I'm about 6'2"-3" and have a 33" inseam.
    I also recently got a pair of 3XL Hoss Ponderossa shorts which work nice. I had tried the XXL pair but they didn't fit over my rather big thighs, though I think the waist would have fit alright.

    Chris
    www.aerotechdesigns.com

    Clyde sized cycling togs, Shorts, jerseys, Etc in up to US sized 3X. Not real expensive either!

    Addendum, I just looked and they now offer up to 4X in jerseys!
    [SIZE=4]Feel free to visit my blog: http://theamazingshrinkingman.blogspot.com
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Trebuchet MS] I'm also doing Tour de Cure in July, my page:
    http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=...373&px=3127592

  10. #10
    mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
    Reputation: eokerholm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    792

    No good

    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrowe
    www.aerotechdesigns.com

    Clyde sized cycling togs, Shorts, jerseys, Etc in up to US sized 3X. Not real expensive either!

    Addendum, I just looked and they now offer up to 4X in jerseys!
    As stated earlier.....Primal's are super small.
    XXXL is like XL...tiny...
    They still look to be running small on the website you linked to

    Certian Pearl Izumi's run a bigger.

    I can't fit in anything but Pearl......My Ohio State jersey is from Velo and tight at XXL, but I love it!

    Wish they made bigger jersies. Talk about easy sales....
    Last edited by eokerholm; 05-02-2006 at 08:20 AM.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: saba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    90

    Jersey

    LL Bean makes some nice fitting clyde jerseys. Just bought a Hoss jersey and is pretty swell too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •