mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Jersey sizing help!

So in regular shirts I wear a XLT or a XXL. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-52" chest but I haven't measured in a while. I'm trying to find a jersey in the same neighborhood of what a XLT would be in a regular shirt.

As of right now I've been riding in some thin stay-dry golf shirts. I'd just like to get a few jerseys with the pockets that fit correctly. I don't care to be showing my crack to the world as i know the world doesn't care to see
    Chris, 6'1" 275lb clyde, Giant Anthem x 29er w/FULL 2012 XT group, Giant Defy Composite Ultegra. Team Truly Spokin!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    It doesn't have pockets, but the XXL Hoss jersey from Jensonusa.com (on sale for $10.99) fits me awesome and I'm about the same size as you. 6'1" just over 280. The jersey is definitely long enough to cover your crack!

Also, they fit kind of like a golf shirt. You won't look like a sausage.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    You must have gotten the last one's because they no longer have any in the XXL size.
    Chris, 6'1" 275lb clyde, Giant Anthem x 29er w/FULL 2012 XT group, Giant Defy Composite Ultegra. Team Truly Spokin!

slow uphill
    Fox has a jersey out now... maybe the Live Wire? It has a looser fit, full zip, and pockets in the back.

Mouth-Breather / Huffer
    Have you taken a look at Aero Tech Designs Cyclewear?

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/bigjersey.htm

They have both big and tall sizes ranging up to 6XL/62-64 Chest. The website may be straight out of 1995, but the products seem to be well-liked by the clydes who have purchased them.
    panem et circenses

mtbr member
    I second the comment on the FOX Jersey. I have several of them, bot short sleeve and no sleeved for summer riding. They are long enough to cover my 6'4 height and relaxed enough to accomodate all my 225 lbs. The only potential draw back is like are more "Mountain Bike" or "Commuter Bike" in styling. If you want the look of a domestique at the TdF, then it probably isn't the jersey for you. But if you are looking for a comfortable fit (with pockets and front zipper), then this is a great choice.

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...3_10000_201463

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/170...ersey-2008.htm

I also have the jersey from Areotech designs that was mentioned in this post, but I'm not real happy with them. First off I wouldn't call them cheap...by any means. They are very plain and I don't think they look very attractive. And although they are certainly long enough (XLT), they weren't as relaxed around the middle or the arms as I had hoped for. Plus, for that price I was expecting a nicer style and a better fit.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    ...most jersy's are measured in a funky euro sizing... makes it fun for buying in clyd sizes...

that being said... mark had one in either XL or 2xl... fit me well in the chest... just not the gut... can always try it on and see how you like it to get an idea of how it fits.
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Graphic Designer
    I'm 280 (and heading down) and I have ordered 3-4 different brands in XXXL and they all are sized like an XL or less. Hell, I have XL t-shirts that aren't even that small. I don't know really what the deal is since I even have gotten the loose MTB styles that are still tight, but I can get a XXL wicking sports shirt to hang loose on me from Wal Mart. I usually wear one of those under a thin button down I have, and it's fine, but I even got two shirts in today that were both more than skin tight at a XXXL size, which is like a dress on me in a normal shirt.

I might check out the hoss shirt if you guys think those are decent, I'd like more of a golf shirt / mtb type style.
    'Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.'
    -Mark Twain