mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Jekyll 3000 - clydeworthy?

Did a quick search adn came up empty...

Found a good price on a 2004 Jekyll 3000. I am about 230, 250-260 w/gear. I am reasonably fluid and not too tough on bikes. I am rarely more than 3 feet off the ground - though in my younger days.... It would be an all-purpose trail/some lift assist ride.

Is it a clyde worthy ride?
    Does it have noticeable flex?
    Does is have general durability problems?

Thanks for any help!
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    friend of mine rides @ about 280, went through 3 of them before Cannondale moved him up to the Prophet. the chainstay usually went first, but w/ close inspection , there were about 3 or 4 other cracks in various places getting ready to go. he'd get about 800 - 1000 mi. on 'em. he usually kept the wheels on the ground, but rode pretty aggressive. if ya buy new, Cannondale's warranty can't be beat. Lifetime for real, not an Ellsworth lifetime.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

no issues with 205 rider

I've had no problems riding XC singletrack with my 2003. I'm 6'4" and have a 2003 XL
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Thanks all

nm.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul