Thread: J-Bars?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

J-Bars?

Anyone ever used them? Look really odd. I have no idea how you would get grips or anything on them.

Titec J-Bar is a good example.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    they are licensed by titec from jeff jones... both the titec H bar (older style with the reverse riser bar) and the newer titec J bar (requires a longer stem to have similar hand position to your current flat/riser bar set)

lots of hand positions as shown here from Jeff's web page... he makes his using Titanium... lots of money involved to use real H-bars... but the titec's are licenced from him and pretty inexpensive by comparison... but also heavy

for gears they are realy designed around shimano's dual control... people have also used pauls thumbies on em (think old school shifting)

I've got the titec H bars on one of my bikes... still tweaking them... not sure if i like em or not... i like all the hand positions... but they are a tad wide for me... i like the shape of the on-one mary bars better from what little time i've spent on both... running them with sram shifters and the fit is akward but works OK

i'm going to spend some more time with em... they are worth trying... i got mine for $45 used on here (posted a WTB thread)... and if i want to sell i'm sure i'll get my money back out of em

the high sweep bars are pretty kewl IMHO... it's like having bar ends with out bar ends... it's a very natrual position...

worth a try... i still want to try out Groovy cycles "luv bar" though
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie