Snapper

I've lost that lovin feelin...... ooohhh that lovin feeling

I am 6.5 and 230lbs. I own a 29er FS with a top tube of 25.75.......... and it feels so right. I own two 26er FS with top tubes of 24.25 and 24.50 and they feel so wrong. I love the 29er in everyway and wonder if l will ever feel the love l had for my 26ers or do we need a little space ( its not you its me). Thing is l have a killer 26er wheels and fork that are looking for a home.
    Question1- would a 26er frame with a similar TT (25.75) feel right or is it the attributes of the 29er that feels so good. I have never ridden a 26er frame that is large enough. If l get an XC/AM 26er frame that fits me would it then be a big fat pig to ride and loose its flickability. Sorry thats about 4 questions.
    Question 5 - what 26er frames in XL and XXL are designed alittle beefier to compensate for the larger size........... do manufactures build their big sized frames alittle stiffer to limit the flex? It has got to be stiff to handle my mass. Please name some that do.
    Question 6- Is 4- 5" travel in 26ers the new black and taken over from 5-6? I ride XC/AM with the odd jump / drop and long climb. I like to go on longer 3-5 hour rides on varied terrain.
    Question 7 - should l just accept that l have lost that loving feeling and surround myself with 29ers exclusively.
    Question 8 - would a 26er frame that fits bring back that loving feel for me?
    Love your feedback gang.
    Cheers
    JD
    Last edited by johnd663; 02-17-2009 at 03:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Post this up in the 29er area and you will get a ton of responses right away.

Snapper
    Thanks Ryno,

I have moved it to the 29er forum so moderators please feel free to remove. Still like a 26er Clydes (as l am) opinion though..... we all know what the 29ers will say.

JD
    Last edited by johnd663; 02-17-2009 at 03:21 PM.