HTFU and Ride

It's been a while, hope to share some inspiration!

I haven't been following the Clyde forum as closely as I used to but I wanted to drop in and share some inspiration for my fellow big guys.

Like so many of you I have battled with my weight for most of my life. Down to 250, back up to 300, lose 30lbs, gain it back, etc. I finally got sick of it and decided to have weight loss surgery. I have gone from 340 to about 225 and hope to be out of clyde territory by summer. There are some who might say, "Surgery is the easy way out!" "Just eat less." Blah, blah. And for a long time I agreed with the haters. In the end you have to do what is right for you and getting healthy was my #1 priority. While surgery has helped make losing weight easier (hard not to lose weight eating so little early on) it is more about long term results. I chose surgery to keep the weight off and be there for my kids and wife.

My point is, if you are mega big like I was and think there is no other way don't be so sure. Surgery isn't for everyone and my experiance has been 100% positive where others have a much tougher time with it.

TL;DR- Don't be afraid to take what some might call drastic measures to save your own life!

Happy trails and keep workin' big guys
    Winter is coming.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Congrats on the surgery.. Big life changer.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Great job man!

the lose it gain it cycle is vicious!
    Last edited by steve c; 02-07-2012 at 02:03 PM.