Thread: Ironhorse

mtbr member

Ironhorse

I didnt even know that this part of the forum was here, lol. I found a post by someone on the what bike to buy forum and it seems we have a few things in common. I am looking at the Ironhorse hollowpoint MKIII comp 05 which has the same rear shock as the individual was posting about, the RS Ario. I am 73in and weigh 235 and am wondering if this bike is really for me. No doubt in my mind that a huge part of the reason of getting a bomb proof bike is to get back in shape and get to know the back country of CO a little better, just making sure this is the bike to do it on. Thanks for any help given,

brderj

mtbr member
    I'm not at all familiar with Ario, aside from that seems like a great bike, I wouldn't hesistate to get it, but do some more homework on that shock.

Any clyde's riding on the Ario shock?
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by logbiter
    I'm not at all familiar with Ario, aside from that seems like a great bike, I wouldn't hesistate to get it, but do some more homework on that shock.

Any clyde's riding on the Ario shock?
    I have the Ario on my farily new Ibex Apogee LX. So far it seems to be a sturdy enough shock for me (I'm around 280). It has plenty of pressure range for me and I'm not even close to max pressure. No leaks yet, but I can't say much for long term durability.

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for the info guys. Don't know when I'll be able to get it this time, still looking though. I might just go with a HT for now. I was just looking at an Ibex HT and some Iron horse ones as well.