mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Iron Horse Azure Sport

I'm 6'2 and 250lb and looking to get a full suspenson bike the Iron Horse Azure Sport at rs cycle for 899 looks to be a good deal. I would like some advice if this bike will work well with my weight; I have never had a full suspension bike before and I'm concerned that I'm to large for the rear shock to work properly. Any advice or suggestions on other bikes for under 1,000 dollars would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    I'm 205 and ride an Azure. Solid bike. That's a very good deal.
    I love the way mine rides and handles.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Though 250 is a fair amount more the 205.

I think it depends a lot on the type of riding you do. Strictly XC, no drops, no jumps, the Azure should be good. Thinking of going all mountain, you might want something a little more burly. At one point, I asked the guys on the Iron Horse forum about which would be better for me an Azure or a Mark III. Described myself as 230lbs, aggressive XC, some drops and jumps. They said go with the Mark III.

Of course, that's quite a deal on the Azure.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the replys its a sweet deal for the Azure sport and the free shipping is makeing it even harder not to buy it. I'm not going to be doing any drops or jumps and the plan is to loose some weight this summer. I don't have a Iron horse dealer in or around my area so I don't have a way to try it out before purchase which is why I don't have one on order already.

mtbr member
    I remember reading in the Iron Horse forum that the Azure is somewhat overbuilt with regard to it's intended purpose. It might be worth doing a search or maybe starting athread in that forum.

Ant

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    delsol:
    about a year ago, i picked up an azure expert at rs cycle. currently at 230 lbs., i don't think i am getting the full benefit of the suspension. otoh, it has been pretty solid and fun to ride. i was less worried about the rear shock working than the front shock. at 6'2" you will want to get the 21" azure. it has a beefier brace from the seat tube to the top tube. the price seems like a no-brainer to me. just keep a few dollars back figuring that the spec'd components are not only a little bit heavier than on the more expensive bikes, but almost certainly less durable. the original tires on the azure expert were light, but useless.
    ride on!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    jroandotb

could you give me a little more information on you not getting the full benefit of the suspenson. Thanks