Thread: intro and a ?

mtbr member
    May 2011

intro and a ?

Hey guys im just getting back into riding after about 5 years off. I am 6'3 and about 245# I thought riding would be a great way to rebuild my leg after a big accident and surgery. Then I got to thinking about how much I missed it so I am putting together a new bike. I plan to use it for trails mostly but I also live in the pocono mountain area so I see some ski resorts in its future so far I have a sette derro xl frame (I know its not the best but hey it also cost me less than the rear shock goes for used.) An fsa 386 afterburner Crankset, sram xo derailleurs avid elixirs and a dt swiss Hugi 240 wheel set . I got an incredible deal on all the parts less than 450 total. My next purchase will be a new fork and as I haven't been able to wheel and deal on one I am looking at a manitou minute expert or pro they seem to be a good bang for the buck. Anybody have any experience with this fork as I am pretty out of touch at this point. Sorry for being so long winded

mtbr member
    I have a Maintou Tower pro that I have been using since I was 255, now down to 220. It's been a great fork. Lots of ways to customize and adjust. I haven't used the Minute but if it's anything like the Tower than it would be a good choice.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    I was on a Manitou Drake with 20mm thru axle before I went full rigid. That was from 320 pounds down to the 250's. Really good fork.