Thread: Intro

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Intro

Howdy folks,
    Clyde here getting back into riding. Got a new 09 Fisher piranha about a month ago and loving every minute of it. I started to get back into shape and quit smoking. I have a buddy that I ride with who is better on his full suspension set up, but I am keeping up more and more each day. Each ride I struggle less and less, and am loving the pain.
    I broke a chain yesterday that was replaced and had to do the walk of shame back to the car. Luckily I got to the LBS right at closing and they replaced it for free with a much beefier chain. My next upgrade will def be clip-less pedals and shoes. I'm trying to get the wife to start riding as well so we can go on some bike-camping trips later in the year as well. I also recently got a Bob ibex trailer that I am planning on using in the future.
    My old bike a ,DB wildwood cruiser, I added a 2 stroke engine to get more fun out of (i know blasphemous) but it is fun, but no exercise, and i get lots of looks and is a great convo starter, now collects dust. I also have a whizzer moped that I have been working on as well, i upgraded to maxxis hookworm tires and a 3spd nexus internal shifter on new rims (courtesy of same lbs)
    Oh well, that's me, good to be here

mtbr member
    Welcome to mtbr.
    2008 Specialized Safire Comp