Are you gonna eat that?

Industry Nine Wheels

Ok, so while I'm in my "more money than sense" stage, I'm pondering replacing my XT/Rhynolites with the I9 All Mountain wheels, they're nearly 2 lbs lighter (which in the wheel is usually a big deal) and of course they're off the charts when it comes to bling

I know we have a couple of guys riding them here from searching, but I didn't see anyone reporting problems, has anyone managed to break these things yet and what were you doing when you did ?
    Due to a lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I read about a couple broken spokes.... but were really rare cases (broken RD broke the spoke or similar).. they seem to be very tough besides super light and cool

mtbr member
    I've had one spoke break; not really sure how it happened, they come with spares and it was easily replaced.

No other problems so far.

large member
    I picked up a set of ultralites and broke them in yesterday. I beat the hell out of them on my rigid bike over 40 miles of single track. Checked the rims this A.M. and they are dead true. They are built up on Salsa Delgado race rims, which are typically said to be crazy flexy. The design of the wheel is such that laced up to i9's, they feel super stiff. I can only imagine what the all mountain, with a arch or flow laced up would feel like. Actually, I have a buddy who weighs in around 220-240 (hard to tell exactly, since it is more muscle weight) and he rides like an absolute animal. He was taking on 4-6 ft. drops with them on his Turner Sultan and has had zero issues either. I've ridden his set up and it is quite nice and feels absolutely bomber. Never seen a bad review on these wheels.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    We've a number of people riding hard on them, here in the Austin Limestone Rock Zone, and are very happy with them.