Back in the saddle

I'm such a fat fatty-a**-fatty-fat-butt

Dude. I'm fat-tastic today. Fat, like Weird Al fat, man. Fattyliscious fat master flash, fat-lava-flav. Fatamundo. Fat Boy Slim-Fat. Fatty-fat-fatty-kins. Jeez.

I had what I thought was a good seat post until today. Had it for 6 years. Today, hit a jump on Michaud trail in NoCo. Bike got a bit ahead of me on the landing, gripped the seat with my legs when I landed to keep my a** from hitting the back tire, and I bent my damned seat post. Rode "chopper-style" for the rest of the ride (not long) back to the truck.

In case mirrors, purchasing baggy shorts, people in the "supportive" bike club I'm in talking about how stupid it must be to be fat "...I mean seriously, people just need to get off the couch and go for a ride to lose weight" spoken from a jockey whose ass I just kicked on the climb AND the downhill, isn't enough, I have to bend a Ritchie Logic friggin' seat post doing a cheese-d*ck easy jump. Sheesh.

At least RaceFace seat post was on sale at Performance Bike. Got a good deal, but I bet the warranty doesn't hold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm such a fat fatty-a**-fatty-fat-butt-seatpost-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    You need a Thomson post.

I Strava Hamburgers
    You also need to just ride over the jockey.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

Ow!
    Well, six years is a long time if you used it a lot. But I can one-up ya. I bought a new bike (geez, 10 years ago?). Rode a few months, and noticed my seatpost was bent. No special jump or crash, just bent a little over time. Now that is fat on a flimsy seatpost for ya. And it was a Ritchey.

Race Face will probably do fine (strong in my experience). But when or if the time comes, as already mentioned, spend the cash for a Thomson. It is the only seatpost I now consider.

is buachail foighneach me
    Don't feel bad, back when I was <180lbs I used to break quite a few seatposts and saddles. I wish I could have bent the posts though, because it really friggen hurts when you land a jump/drop(while mid-xc ride with saddle up) and the saddle clamp snaps in half and stabs you in the abdomen...