mtbr member
    Nov 2005

I'm not a clyde, but this is a great deal on shorts

http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...osa-Shorts.htm

Check the sizing of the Ponderosa. Differs slightly than regular shorts (I wear medium in Nema, but large in Hoss).

Picked up a pair of black Ponderosa for $34.98 (before s/h, of course). From what I gather, clydesdales love these shorts. Great price if you're a fan of these.

Fat guy on a bike
    I'm still .. uh... to 'Clyde' for those shorts but looks good.

Your bike is incorrigible
    Yeah, their shorts sizing is a little strange for a company that is ostensibly aimed at providing clothes for clydes. I wear a Large in their jersey, a size I had not worn since I was a teenager. But I would still take an XL in their shorts.

Still a very good price.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Yeah, their shorts sizing is a little strange for a company that is ostensibly aimed at providing clothes for clydes. I wear a Large in their jersey, a size I had not worn since I was a teenager. But I would still take an XL in their shorts.

Still a very good price.
    Just found out some are out of stock on blue sky even though they say they are in stock; you get an email later. So I pricematched at Jenson.

mtbr member
    I ordered a pair of the woodland camo from pricepoint for just under $45. Just got them in today, will have to wait to let you guys know how I like them. Waiting on parts for fork to arrive that I damaged earlier this week.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...osa-Shorts.htm

Check the sizing of the Ponderosa. Differs slightly than regular shorts (I wear medium in Nema, but large in Hoss).

Picked up a pair of black Ponderosa for $34.98 (before s/h, of course). From what I gather, clydesdales love these shorts. Great price if you're a fan of these.

Thanks for the tip!! I have two pairs of XL black heading my way...couldn't quite talk myself into the camo options...I've read alot of good things about these shorts...hope they're the real deal!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Rode in mine last night. Very, very nice shorts!!! Many subtle touches even my Nemas don't have. And the price makes them a bargain. I may get another pair in a diff color, too!

not so super...
    Thanks for the info - just ordered a pair to replace my dead Nema shorts.
    Nothing to see here.

The Sentinel

I hope you have better luck than I did...

I bought a pair of these shorts via mail order (Price Point). I have a 42" waist, so I bought the XXL shorts. I wore them for the first time today, and there probably won't be a second outing for these guys. They were tremendously uncomfortable. The waist cinch is 1" nylon webbing with a Fastex buckle. The extra webbing is secured by a belt loop and Velcro. Well, the Velcro worked for about 2 minutes of the ride, then, when the waist band of the shorts began to roll down, the Velcro began digging into me on both the left and the right side. OUCH...I ended up rolling the waist band down to the outside to prevent the raspberries. Also, the leg openings of the inner liner are too long, and way too big in diameter. I have huge, short legs, and the inner liner ended up about 2" below my knees. The leg openings in the liner were so big in diameter, that, despite my huge thighs, the gripper didn't help hold them up at all. As a consequence, my knees were inside the liner the whole ride. $44.98 lesson learned...if you are a short clyde, avoid these shorts.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    My Ponderosas tore around the waist cinch on the first ride. I contacted Hoss and they are replacing them for free. Thumbs up for customer service. mtnbiker62 is right about the shorts not being good for short clydes, the liners are a bit long, but I think that they are very comfortable and I like the ample storage areas. I am guessing anyone under 5' 9" or so (guesstimate) should go with a different short. The only aspect of the short I don't like is the liner doesn't have enough breathability.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

mtbr Buckeye...in Austin

No good

agree, they ran small.

Looked good but ran small (for me).

Check the posts in the other thread, god knows there are enough of them on the subject.

i got the Hoss jersey and shorts and had to send everything back to pricepoint.
    Wasted $12 on shipping. Couldn't keep a thing. I got the biggest they had.

I'm 6'6" 255, with a 38" in waist, 25" thighs

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I bought 2 pairs, actual 43" waist, XXL toooo small....

The Sentinel

Hmmm....

Interesting that a company supposedly marketing toward clydes would have such difficulty fitting them. Perhaps I should volunteer as a test dummy?

The Sentinel

Update on Ponderosa shorts...good Customer Service

Hi everyone. After posting on this topic, and posting a somewhat negative review of these shorts, I received an e-mail from Mark at Hoss. In response to my review he offered to send me a pair of XXXL shorts, and to let me try them out. I did, and the XXXL shorts fit my 42" waist very well. Mark traded me the XXL shorts for the XXXL ones, paid for the shipping of the new shorts, and paid for the return UPS shipping of my XXL shorts, even though I didn't purchase the original pair of shorts from Hoss. I still don't like the way the inner short fits my legs (gripper opening is too big), but I have to give a big shout out to Hoss and their customer service...thanks guys!