Thread: I'm back :)

Fat boy Mod Moderator

I'm back :)

well i'm back... I had to sell my bikes (including my loved surly karate monkey) about a year and 1/2 ago to help fund a 6 month mission school/trip...

anyway picked up a bike earlier today... technically is a Christmas gift so It's supposed to sit till then (doubt that'll happen lol)...

'09 (I think... could be an '08 as it has mechanical discs) GT Peace 9r... smidge small due to the weird geometry (long and low) but got it cheap enough that I was OK and even with my height should be able to get it to fit just fine (ETT is very close to what my surly was)... its my first SS...

have a titec H bar that i'll toss on (always wanted a SS to go with that bar lol)...
    will also need a taller seatpost and a bigger cog out back for my big slow self and some clipless pedals...

should be fun with the SS... should tide me over till income tax time when I can buy a "proper" rig
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Former Bike Wrench
    Welcome back...might look at a longer stem with those H-Bars if you have the right cockpit length right now.

AZ
    banned
    Welcome back, I wound up with a much longer stem when running H-bars fwiw.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    yup i'll need a longer stem with either bar is my guess... but these are the titec H and not the J bars so they where made to be used with out changing the stem length (in theory)... not as pretty as the J bars (or jones H)... but the reverse riser bar puts them forward and higher (or lower if you flip)... will install them with what i've got (may need to change the brake cables to do that though)... and go from there...

on a side note... the bike came with OURY grips... super awesome
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    tossed the titec/jones H bar on and it looks awesome... need to run new brake cables cause of how the H bar runs but I took a short (brakeless) ride around the block and I think they are going to go REAL nice on the SS...

called my LBS bud and will head up there on Wed to pick up some pedals and a seatpost... I can't find my 20t cog I had :-/ pretty sure i'll need one but will try a ride with the 18t first... hope I have enough chain to fit...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie