mtbr member
    Mar 2010

I'm 6'1 320 .. rumblefish yeah or nay

thanks for the help

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I once asked Push about a Superfly 100 and got this response:

Thanks for your email, I appreciate your interest in PUSH!
    The 2012 Superfly 100 Elite uses a 7.75x1.75 shock, it is a
    leverage-monster and would not be a good choice for a rider 260lbs+.
    The Specialized Camber and FSR 29'er would work better for you, but in
    my opinion, I would check out the Niner Rip 9 or a Trek Fuel EX 8/9.
    Those are low-leverage bikes, and we can tune an air shock no problems at all on those bikes. If you're planning on more aggressive riding and resort-type riding, a coil work be more beneficial.
    The Rumblefish isn't much better on its leverage ratio and I think there have been a couple of superclydes (like us) that have had them and left them because they are hard to get tuned in for a big fella. The Camber and/or Epics have a much better leverage ratio and would make a better "off the shelf" option.... I would love to have a RIP9, but the frame alone bumps awful close to my budget ceiling....
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm 6'5", 230 and looking at a RIP9 over a Fish. I was looking at a niner WFO, but it looks like it would be too much bike for me. It might be a good choice for you though with the rock shock monarch and with a 140mm front fork. The WFO is a little beefier than the RIP and I'm sure there are deals out there right now, especially from Hammerhead Bikes. Check them out. Good luck.

Millman
    "Boldly they rode & well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode the 600"

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Big guys

No way dude! Anything over 275lb, I would stay with hardtail. That much weight a maintaince nightmare for larger riders. I've ridden at 280lbs in a FS, and sold it to buy a hardtail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkatron44 View Post
    No way dude! Anything over 275lb, I would stay with hardtail. That much weight a maintaince nightmare for larger riders. I've ridden at 280lbs in a FS, and sold it to buy a hardtail.
    I was at about 275-280 butt naked when I got back into riding and I picked up a Transition Covert and had the RP23 Pushed. It worked great!!! Look up I believe his name on here is themammothrider or something like that. If i remember correctly he is about 450lbs and rides a Turner 5 Spot. Dont let weight keep you away from full suspension.