Thread: Ibex Ignition 3

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Ibex Ignition 3

Just wondering if anyone in the Clyde arena has tested out an Ibex Ignition-3? I wrote a letter to the "contact us" on their page and the response I got indicated that they would provide heavier springs on the 20.5" frame as it would support a larger person....

I've also considered that the Ibex frame would allow me to get into FS and upgrade as things wear out, break, or I have some extra $$.

By the way, the stories on the b4\after page are just awesome. After I graduated HS I was about 280 and from riding and changing my eating habits I went down to about 220. Although I've creaped back up to about 240-45 now.

I've had a Schwinn Mesa (the most basic one) since about 1998-99. It has held up rather well with only the crankset needing replacement. So perhaps I'm not as hard on the bike as I thought I was, or maybe it is a good bike.....

Thanks to Jim C for pointing me over in this direction!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I can't speak directy on the Ignition, but I have an 05 Apogee LX that I really enjoy. Look at my previous posts or do a search to see I review I put up recently on this forum (and on the Ibex forum). I also have a review of the bike on the mtbr review section. I think there was another clyde around riding the Ignition but I'm not sure. Mine has held up great so far and the components are clyde worthy on mine as far as I'm concerned. The ignition 3 is a few notches down in components but the Avid BB5 brakes should be good.

Chris

Ummm...
    Feb 2006

Ignition dunno, but Ibex will treat you right

Likewise, I can't speak directly to the Ignition, but can share my experience with Ibex.

I bought my hardtail from them back in January. They treated me right with excellent information, advice, and service. I've put my Ibex through just about everything and all conditions since then, with the exception of any large jumps, and it has taken everything I've thrown at it without major issue. I am just shy of clyde and it eats up the nasty rock gardens I have a penchant for. It's plenty battered, but I'm the one who usually needs the maintenance/repairs after a ride.

Have heard some bash Ibex, and yes, they aren't a snob/premium brand (yet), but so what, I never had Jordache on my ass either. (if the Jordache reference escapes you...that's my point)

decent frame/components + honest advice/service + competitive price = good deal.

Stay on top of your tire pressure and suspension adjustments and I bet you'll be plenty happy with the Ignition.
    Last edited by endo daze; 06-30-2006 at 07:28 PM.