mtbr member
    Nov 2008

I think I killed my bike :-(

Oh no.
    I was riding this evening at Markham Park in FL. I know you say mtb'ing in FL? But Markham is killer. If you have ever riden it, you will know what I mean. Anyways, my rear derailleur was ghost shifting something terrible. Upon further inspection (on the trail) the rear derailleur hanger is stripped. I cannot tighten the bolt at all. It is all loose and wobbly. My Intense does not have a replaceable rear derailleur hanger. Am I f*cked? Please help.. what to do? I am in a total panic that I won't be able to ride this weekend. I guess more of my panic will be trying to find another rear chain stay for an Uzzi SLX. Anyone know where to get one?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Tell you what a google search is your best friend here is the first link I found

http://www.bicycling.com/article/1,6...3636-1,00.html

here is a repair kit
    https://www.jensonusa.com/store/prod...epair+Kit.aspx

Making fat cool since '71
    Or...just go to your lbs you trust and ask them to heli-coil (that's what that kit is) your hanger. The shop I worked at would charge anywhere from $15 on up to do what it sounds like may need to be done.
    Or...go to your local hardware and get a heli-coil kit for a shiteload less than $100 and do it yourself.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Tate
    Oh no.
    I was riding this evening at Markham Park in FL. I know you say mtb'ing in FL? But Markham is killer. If you have ever riden it, you will know what I mean. Anyways, my rear derailleur was ghost shifting something terrible. Upon further inspection (on the trail) the rear derailleur hanger is stripped. I cannot tighten the bolt at all. It is all loose and wobbly. My Intense does not have a replaceable rear derailleur hanger. Am I f*cked? Please help.. what to do? I am in a total panic that I won't be able to ride this weekend. I guess more of my panic will be trying to find another rear chain stay for an Uzzi SLX. Anyone know where to get one?
    Wheels manufacturing makes a drop out saver, we use it at my shop at least once a year. instead of heli coiling it, your drill it out with the included drill bit than a plug slides in form the back that has the threads for the der to grab. the plugs are about $7-10 and what ever your LBS shop charges.

If you wnat to fly me out to Florida I will fix it free of charge

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter916
    Wheels manufacturing makes a drop out saver, we use it at my shop at least once a year. instead of heli coiling it, your drill it out with the included drill bit than a plug slides in form the back that has the threads for the der to grab. the plugs are about $7-10 and what ever your LBS shop charges.

If you wnat to fly me out to Florida I will fix it free of charge

i think i am going to go the wheels manufacturing route. i was freak'en before..
    thx guys