mtbr member
    Mar 2004

I need a 80mm or 100mm fork

currently riding an 03 Kikapu with the stock MX Comp ETA fork 80mm of travel. i think i can go up to 100mm at most as 130mm would be way too much travel for the frame.

what do you recommend i try and look into, i would like to try and keep it under 350.00 if possible and i don't care if it is air/coil or just coil
    2003 Kona Kikapu

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    would a 115mm Rock Shox Reba w/ 115mm travel be too much for the frame? pricepoint has them for decent price and everyone seems to be raving about them here
    2003 Kona Kikapu

Freshly Fujified

You're pushing it at 115

I think that's a bit much, but I would check the A/C height on your current fork and measure that against the reba and see just how much effect it will have on geometry. In general, it's a huge jump, IMO. It's almost a 50% increase in travel. That's definitely on the high side.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    reba is adjustable from 85-115 from what i can figure out. so that would work if i dropped it down a bit.

i think i am going to order one unless it would not be a good fork for me
    2003 Kona Kikapu

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have the 115 version of the Reba and it came with spacers to reduce it to 100. Unfortunatly that requires disassembly of the fork so I would try order one in your desired configuration. It is a great fork though. Very stiff and adjustable.

Chris

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    ordering the SL U-turn now or the Race, i can't decide
    2003 Kona Kikapu

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Got my Reba SL U-turn today, much nicer fork than the MX Comp ETA i have now, can't wait to get it installed
    2003 Kona Kikapu