Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Wingnut!!! It sits low and fits me perfect with about 6" of strap left over... Tried the CB mule.... I'm 6'3" 52" chest 38 waist.... Wingnut if you can find one the manufacturer is next to ..... They do reply but finding a dealer is tough found mine on eBay. It's a perfect bag for all sizes but for big chest guys..... It's the best in my book!!

Stay vertical... Shut up legs...

mtbr member

Re: Hydration Pack for big guy?

I run this little 2L sunlight thing. Pouch for my keys and wallet (other gear goes in underwear pouch) looks goofy cause so small on me but guess what, empty it weighs nothing and even full I hardly notice it. Though found so far never need more than 1/2 way full since my rides are only 5-10 miles and i carry a frame bottle for electrolyte/water mix.

Not something that looks normal on big guys but I'm 6'2" 270ish, I don't care if i look goofy as long as it does it job cause my money is spent on my bike lol.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

roots, rocks, rhythm
    I second EVOC FR Trail as it is a big pack.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Re: Hydration Pack for big guy?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfGumby View Post
    Hydration packs are supposed to be tiny. Carry your water and bare essentials, that's it. Yes they look ridiculously tiny on us big dudes but then I am wearing spandex bike shorts,so what do I care about a back pack?

If you want or need a bigger pack there are several back packs with a hydro bladder in them. Coleman makes a few. They needn't be cycling related to be functional.
    I agree. My hydration pack is a Camelback "Lobo". Straps are plenty long, has room for a granola bar, some tools, keys, cell phone. It carries a 3L bladder.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Specialized FSRxc / 2006 Redline Conquest / 2009 Specialized Allez
    Gone: 2002 Specialized Big Hit / 2004 Kona Stinky

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I personally can't stand having anything on my back when cycling. I feel so much better having switched to bottles. Of course, my FS bike has nowhere on the frame for a cage except for a mount under the downtube, which is great if you want a bottle covered in mud... I got a two-bottle seatpost cage and one handlebar cage. If I got those camelbak bottles with the straws, I could probably drink right from the one on the bars.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Osprey fits my long back and 54" chest the best of all packs I have tried.
    HBSURFDAD
    2014 Stumpjumper FSR 29er evo. XXL.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I ended up getting a Camelbak Pursuit 24 LR, its a REI only pack but it is larger than anything else I tried on.
    CamelBak Pursuit 24 LR Hydration Pack - 100 fl. oz. - Free Shipping at REI.com

mtbr member

Hydration Pack for big guy?

Geiger rig 1600. Its a full pack but its small for the rating. Its great huffing and puffing and you pressurized it and bite the valve then boom water squirting in your mouth haha.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by solarplex View Post
    Geiger rig 1600. Its a full pack but its small for the rating. Its great huffing and puffing and you pressurized it and bite the valve then boom water squirting in your mouth haha.
    I know this is an old thread, but for anyone looking right now. I have the Rig 1200. Great pack. Plenty of storage, and the bladder is great. I wish it was more compartmentalized, but it's enough to live with.

I also have a couple Raptor 14 packs, still going. No problems except bite valves needing to be replaced.

The Rig is bigger and has better padding. I tend to grab it when I choose a pack.

mtbr member
    Ok so I never got a pack back then as planned. Appreciate all the great advise. Surprised no one recommended this

http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Produ...=camelbak+lobo

I just got it in and its perfect. No magnet like osprey packs but costs less, holds a bit more water, long enough buy not a big ass backpack. Perfect storage too, eliminates need for extra bag to bring to trails with helmet, gloves etc. Oh and lower strap sits just high enough to go above my gut instead of around/below it.
    Sent from my Nokia Stupid Phone using Tapatalk
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2