mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Huge feet, clipless pedals n shoes???

I' wear size 15, 4E...they're wicked wide. I have a hard time finding regular shoes, so I figured that finding MTB shoes and clipless pedals would be impossible. Before I give up on that, I thought I 'd ask in here if anyone has big feet but still wear MTB shoes.

Anyone?
    If so, what do you wear and where did you find them?

Thanks!

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Necktie Killer View Post
    I' wear size 15, 4E...they're wicked wide. I have a hard time finding regular shoes, so I figured that finding MTB shoes and clipless pedals would be impossible. Before I give up on that, I thought I 'd ask in here if anyone has big feet but still wear MTB shoes.

Anyone?
    If so, what do you wear and where did you find them?

Thanks!
    SIDI, Specialized & Shimano have shoe at least as big as size 50, which translates to around 14-1/2-15 US.

Shimano M087E Wide MTB Shoe > Apparel > Shoes and Footwear > Mountain Bike Shoes | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

correction: Shimano goes up to 52:
    Nashbar - Mountain Bike Shoes

turtles make me hot
    Yeah. I had a pair of Shimanos that were size 50 and they were actually a little big for me. I really need a 49. I wear a 14.
    Check these out...

Shimano 2013 SH M088LE Mountain Bike MTB Shoes Black 50E US 14 2 Wide Width | eBay
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I wear a size 15 shoe. I had to use a Shimano 51 to fit my foot. If you look at Shimano's size chart, I think a 51 is a 15.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    My feet are extra wide, regular width size 15s will never fit my feet. I ordered the Shimano M087 today and they should be here in a couple of days. I ordered size 52 and I'm crossing my fingers!

banned
    Jan 2013
    You know what they say about guys with big feet?

Big shoes.

I am the Tin Man!
    I am a 14 and am still wearing the same pair of Cannondales that I bought 12 years ago. It is hard to find gear for bigger guys.
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Necktie Killer View Post
    My feet are extra wide, regular width size 15s will never fit my feet. I ordered the Shimano M087 today and they should be here in a couple of days. I ordered size 52 and I'm crossing my fingers!
    I'm size 15 and very wide, or a euro 50 Wide. Had size 50 Sidi Dominators for years and wore them out.

I just got a pair of Shimano M087's yesterday in size 51 Wide. Took them for a quick ride and They fit perfectly. Ordered them on teh internet so couldn't try on beforehand either, glad I went a size up like everyone says to do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but i wear a size 17 shoe does anyone make any mtb shoes in that size?

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyplumber View Post
    I am a 14 and am still wearing the same pair of Cannondales that I bought 12 years ago. It is hard to find gear for bigger guys.
    You had huge feet when you were two??
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey I wear a size 14. Looking at bike shoes.. is it gonna be a 49 for me to wear?

mtbr member
    I just got a pair of 48's MTN sport from Specialized, based on what I have seen on the shoe box that is a 14.5 US size. If I keep my toe nails cut they fit. My big toe is real close to the end of the shoe. I got them for $50 at the LBS cuz they said that they will never sell them anyway. Std SPD and they work great.

Mark
    2012 XXL Carve Expert

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    It's different for every manufacturer. I wear a 14EE...SIDI Dominators in a 49 (not the megas) fit well.

When I run flats, I have a real problem. FiveTen makes a few models in a 14, but they seem to run small, and the size 15's are too big. I purchased Teva's, but I'm night a an of the sole so I ordered replacement FiveTen soles, ground down the Teva's and had the FiveTen soles put on.

For clipless, I believe there are a number of custom shoe manufacturers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm awaiting a warranty return for my M087G's from pricepoint. The rubber tread ripped and separated from the sole after about 4 months. We have a lot of rocks her in KC though so trails are tough on shoes. Looking around I see that Shimano has an updated version the M088L which come in normal and wide sizes up to 52. They also have another shoe, XC50N that goes up to a size 52, no wide though as far as I can tell. Not sure what shoe I'm gonna go with this time around. I had a pair of Sidi Dominators that lasted for about 2 years but then the sole started to separate from the upper at the toe. Also didn't like the plastic tread which made hike a bike's sketchy in the rocks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I wear a 16 EEEE shoe regularly and I own the Sidi Dominator 5 in 52. The straps make it fairly versatile as far as width is concerned. You want a tight fit anyway so you can crank down on the cams to get that fit. I am using Shimano PD-M324 pedals with the half platform half clipless design. That way I can still ride with other shoes if needed.