@adelorenzo

How long you think my Champion Flyer will last?

Last couple of rides it felt like my seat was twisted a little to the left, so I checked it out today and I had bent the rails on my WTB Laser V. Needing to ride, I threw on a saddle that happened to be available: My (sprung) Brooks Champion Flyer.

I liked that saddle on my road bike (~200 km on it), but off road I loved it! Like riding a freaking couch, the little bit of spring was very welcome, especially since I ride a rigid bike. My only minor complaint is that the width in the rear makes it hard to get off the back.

Here's the thing though, I'm 6'6" 250+ on a rigid bike. For a big hoss I ride pretty light: I get my ass off the saddle a lot, especially on roots and stuff. I keep the wheels on the ground.

I know they have a great reputation for toughness, but most people aren't my size. The saddle has always felt kind of fragile.It's something about having that give, I just can't see it not breaking, bending or getting all stretched out.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna keep riding it and find out what it's made of. What do my fellow clydes think, will it be able to take it?

Regards,
    Anthony

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Is anyone else using a Brooks Flier? I'm wondering how they hold up. I'm 250# and am just starting out on bike paths on a hardtail. I expect to get back into trails once I build up some endurance. I'm am on the fence between the B-17 or the Flier, that Flier sure looks comfy.