mtbr member
    Jun 2007

How Big is a Clyde?

I am just getting into biking and have been told to look in the clydesdale section a few times as far as new bikes go. I was wondering at what weight do you start being a clydesdale? I am 6 ft about 230.

Are you gonna eat that?
    Welcome to Clydesville.

Anyone over 200 lbs is a clyde, and if you're 6' and up, unless you're super skinny, chances are you're in this category
    Due to a lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled

mtbr member
    200 and up

Glad to Be Alive
    if you are a fat fvck like me....or over 200
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I agree, I didn't know I was a Clyde until the bike shop told me- I'm 6ft, 200lbs. (Some of the super light stuff for road bikes actually has weight limits. I've seen more than one titanium spindle pedal with a 170 lbs. rider weight limit, though I have seen two wheel sets that have 'Clyde' versions listed for 220 lbs. and above.)

At 230 lbs. you'll probably want to be fairly conservative with component construction. Keep in mind that shaving 200 grams off your bike won't be as important to you as it is to the buck fifty guys because it's a lower percentage of rider/bike weight combined.
    To the troll mobile, away...

mtbr member
    It is so very true but still tought to read. I build my bike so I would be sure that all of my components were tough enough for my 225 lb frame. No weight weenie stuff for me
    Pain is weekness leaving the body

El Pollo Diablo
    two hundo on up, though really tall skinny guys sometimes get to hang out here for sizing tips.
    (stupid XC guys, making me feel fat, think they're so cool "look at me, I'm 6'3'' @ 160 pounds" lol)