Glad to Be Alive

Holding strong...share your long time goals

still holding it under 200...barely since being 232 and that is being injured and off the bike for the last month
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Good job.
    I'm currently at 198 with a long time goal of 180. Just had a "fat"ness composition done and I'm at 21% BF.
    When I get to my goal I'll still visit here, I swear.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

flying fatass
    dude....eww...look at your toes...haha

my long term goal is to get under that 200lb mark (210 right now) as well as get healthier...so far ive lost about 5-10 ponds from my pre-mountain biking weight, but ive became so much healthier...less junk food, lot more exercise, and ive been building muscle (probably one reason why my weight hasent really changed)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverTail
    Should your balls sit in front of the saddle or on the saddle? Im a bit confused.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My long term goal is to weigh between 175 - 180.

I weighed 237 lbs on September 3rd. I'm down to 227.5 lbs today.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by adanthang
    My long term goal is to weigh between 175 - 180.

I weighed 237 lbs on September 3rd. I'm down to 227.5 lbs today.
    1 step at a time...i lost 15 and stayed ther...then lost 5 and then 5 more amd 5 more....took 2 years but it was easy
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Noob
    Damn... nice work Mate!
    MTB Blog

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Glad to Be Alive
    my original goal was 200 now it is 190 or close to it....just under 195 is best

large member
    Good job Shiver!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider
    When I get to my goal I'll still visit here, I swear.
    I did the same thing, and still visit all of the time. I love checking in to see how other people are doing, and to remind myself of how we all struggle with similar issues. I've been sub-clyde for about 4 months now and I feel great. It truly has been one of my best summers ever and I am more excited about life in general than ever before. Just have to keep that focus and lifestyle going for the rest of my life. Seems easy now, but I know there will be many rough spots and challenges down the road.
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed toolbag 30-34 age group

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I guess I look at long term goals a bit differently:

* Climb Irish Hills without putting a foot down (22% grade for like 200 ft on semi loose dirt).
    * Get comfortable landing 2 foot drops on trail rides
    * Beat my 7:20 Super D run last year at firestone walker classic.
    * Sub 11 minute Time Trial(road) for 4.7 mile course, last test out was 11:10... argh. When I started 2 years ago my time was 13:54!

I'll always be broad shouldered and stout, but there are goals beyond the bathroom scale.

mtbr member
    Seeing as I'm a massively out of shape personal trainer my main goal is looking like I know what I'm talking about...hahaha

217 right now
    Want to be 190ish

Flaccid Member
    Let's see, got the Bionicon Edison Sept 4th this year, weight 255#s. Goofed off pretty much all Sept buying shuttle tickets to ride, instead of earning my vertical I didn't get serious until I could ride with OTBMBC on weekday evening rides, which required a light to ride at night and also bought a Garmin Edge 305 HR.

Those two items changed everything, October was ride, ride ride. Ate my fair share of salads instead of guacamole and chip snacks. Scale has me at 228 pounds now.

I'd like to see 200 to 210, maybe a little less, but the weight slide for me has pretty much stopped, been at 228-231 for a week now. Those first 25 pounds off just melted by riding, now it looks like I'm going to have to work hard or do something different to lose the next 25. Still got the dickie do belly, maybe sit ups? I hate sit ups.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Here's mine... I was at 318 lbs and just hated the way I looked and never wanted to be in pictures etc.... I'm 6' 7" and had a 44" waist. Pick before I started....

Now I'm at a 36" waist and 230 pounds. I eat good food, and don't starve myself. I run almost every evening. About 3 miles.It took me about 6 months to get here and I'm proud of the turn out. And here's the payoff. Picture was taken 2 days ago at dinner.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrailfreak
    Here's mine... I was at 318 lbs and just hated the way I looked and never wanted to be in pictures etc.... I'm 6' 7" and had a 44" waist. Pick before I started....

Now I'm at a 36" waist and 230 pounds. I eat good food, and don't starve myself. I run almost every evening. About 3 miles.It took me about 6 months to get here and I'm proud of the turn out. And here's the payoff. Picture was taken 2 days ago at dinner.

very nice

Glad to Be Alive
    well step on the scale today and weighed 195....this is insane because I can't lift weights, bike ride or surf due to a cast on my left wrist to my mid bicep....Diet diet diet

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If you want to loose some easy weight while you have your cast on, just drink water! Cut the pop and you'll loose 15 pounds easy! Not to mention, You'll feel like a million bucks!

Glad to Be Alive
    If you want to loose some easy weight while you have your cast on, just drink water! Cut the pop and you'll loose 15 pounds easy! Not to mention, You'll feel like a million bucks!

don't like pop....love the beer, but a pound aweek is good for me....if I can stay under 205 by the time I get my cast off in January, then I will be happy

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Wow, ~90 lbs in 6 months?! Did you have gastric bypass done? Congrats on getting healthy man!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Nope! Did it all natural. Although most people would not have gone through what I did. I just wanted it gone. And I know how to burn it off fast, and still stay healthy. I run about 3 or more miles a day. Every other day I do 270 crunches. Then in my spare time I ride all I can. When I was burning it all off between bike and running, I was doing about 60+ miles a week. About 25 miles running, and the rest riding on the trail.

I quit drinking pop all together and have decided I will never have it again. I never watch my calorie intake. Just Fat, Saturated fat, and Sodium. I can burn off most of what I eat in a day now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Awesome man, that's great! My method was very similar to yours. Cut the pop and junk food and eat enough to keep full but burn it up with workouts! My old football coach used to tell me that it doesn't matter how much you eat, as long as calories out > calories in.

Your story is really cool, give me hope (down to 277 from 331 here).

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LateApex31
    Awesome man, that's great! My method was very similar to yours. Cut the pop and junk food and eat enough to keep full but burn it up with workouts! My old football coach used to tell me that it doesn't matter how much you eat, as long as calories out > calories in.

Your story is really cool, give me hope (down to 277 from 331 here).
    The hardest part was the plateau periods. You loose 20 pounds fast then it takes 2 weeks and no weight loss. It's your bodies way of maintaining equilibrium. It gets used to a routine and after time, adapts to it and you stop loosing weight.

Mine only lasted about half the time, I hear most people's last. That's because I would mix things up, and catch it before my body would. If you start to plateau you can change things up a bit, to keep the body guessing what's going on.

If you run to loose weight, you can do another type exercise to change things up, while you are in the plateau period. You can eat a little more one day, and a little less the next. Anything really, to break the norm that your body gets used to.

It sounds like you are on track now! Good luck with it. Everyone in here can do the same thing. It's all self control, and you have to be motivated about your goal. Good luck with it. You'll be there in no time!

Chris...

anyone else smell that?
    started out at 369 lbs. down to 220 right now. don't know my ultimate goal....i think it'll be a body fat % rather than a weight. wearing a 38 or 40 waist trouser right now (depends upon cut). started out at a 56. guess i'd like to get to a 36 waist when i'm finished.