mtbr member
    May 2007

Help! Looking for a full suspension freeride for a 6'8" guy. Can anyone help

I'm 6'8" 220lbs. Looking for a good all around full suspension bike....a 29er if possible. I am having a really hard time finding anything so far at or below $3000-$3500. I am willing to spend this much but not much more.

Any info or help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Former Bike Wrench
    Have you looked at a Niner R.I.P. 9? Should be able to build one up with XT or X-9 no problem for your price range.

Another option is the Van Dessel Jersey Devil
    http://www.vandesselsports.com/jerseydevilfs.php?bike=6

good luck

T
    I'm 6'10" 225lb and am currently looking for the same. The only 29er I have really found under $3K is the GF Supercaliber 29. They will also have the HiFi 29er out later this year which I plan on test riding. Most all other 29ers that would fit seem to be in the $4-5K range. The XL Supercal I test rode a few weeks ago fit and rode awesome. I am a little concerned about the durability of the rear suspension though.

mtbr member

Turner ****an..29er XXL

Why look at all those little ones...get one that fits! Turner just let loose with the 29" Sultan and they build it in size that will actually fit you guys! The XXL is for riders are least 6'5" tall ( fitting riders 6'5" to about 6'9" correctly). Depends on your parts but, it certainly can be built up in your price ranges!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Gigabike a worthwhile option

Been riding My Gigabike on the North Shore for about a year now, and have to tell you it was worth the extra cash to get something that really fits.

Zinn can build it out for about 4500$+/- I think, and it's stood up to lots of abuse riding some pretty tough trails (crashes, etc.) . At 6'9" 270 lbs w/ 38" inseam I'm no lightweight, and doing drops of about 36" without the bike complaining at all. I know it's a leap of faith to go all custom, but I found it to be really worth the trouble and cash.