Thread: Help

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Help

Ok I blew out the front fork on my bike that i got used from a friend. The bike is a 2005 Jamis exile with a manitou axel front shock. I just ordered a 2010 Marzocchi DJ 100mm fork. I do moderate trail riding, more so urban riding stairs, drops, transitions from dirt to pavement etc..... In theory i think this fork will work out great as its meant to take abuse and oh yea I'm 5'11" 287lbs. What do you all think? I've also been looking at maybe getting a FS but am worried about blowing the susp? Anybody else had these concerns or issues? Dont have much of a budget maybe $1000 any suggestions. Also what about when it comes to road bikes whats good whats not just kinda thinking about that aspect?

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    FWIW, Im a n00b myself so I'll offer my opinion until someone with some more experience chimes in.

One grand wont buy much as far as FS bikes go. If I were you Id save up and when you have ~$2000 to spend maybe you;ll only weigh 250 +/-. Somewhere around here is a thread from a guy (cant remember his username) who weighs over 400 lbs on a full suspension. I do remember its a quite expensive Turner.

As far as the DJ2, I did see some good replies on the crosspost in the beginner forum.

And as far as roadbikes go, Im useless. I did always wonder what a Clyde could do to a set of skinny wheels offroad.
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    yea i know i posted this in another forum but after reading a little more around here I figured this would be a better place for it.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    You need a DJ frame to go with your DJ fork. Weakest link and all that rot, especially with you doing drops at 287lbs.