mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Helmets for big heads, that don't look stupid

Ok, so I admit it, I have a big head...24.5-25.inches. Got my head measured in my forensic anthro class and I am in the 98% in frontal size

Anyway, I can find helmets that fit as right now I am using the Bell Venture XLV, but it looks really bad. I need something that comes down more so I do not look like a mushroom head . Or maybe more narrow on the side, or maybe a skater type helmet??? I am not sure, but their has to be some big heads in the Clyde section, so what the heck do you guys use?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    How about POC helmets? I quite like their designs and they do have them in XXL.

Info can be found here: http://www2.pocsports.com/products/p...asp?id=10-Bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mhartsuiker
    How about POC helmets? I quite like their designs and they do have them in XXL.

Info can be found here: http://www2.pocsports.com/products/p...asp?id=10-Bike

That is a nice helmet...looks like they wont be out till June though. I like the style though, actually fitting around your head and not just one top.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    There's a post on this topic already in the Clydes section. Try Fox Flux,Giro Venti or Specialized Max. I suggest a dark color to minimize the size of our Herman Munster/ pumpkin head heads. The POC XXL size is only 61-62cm. My head is 64-65cm. The Spec Max fits me well. I think it is made by Giro and rebadged. Good luck.
    Last edited by Jersey 29er; 04-20-2011 at 04:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey 29er
    There's a post on this topic already in the Clydes section. Try Fox Flux,Giro Venti or Specialized Max. I suggest a dark color to minimize the size of our Herman Munster/ pumpkin head heads. The POC XXL size is only 61-62cm. My head is 64-65cm. The Spec Max fits me well. I think it is made by Giro and rebadged. Good luck.

Thanks I tried a search but did not come up with anything. Ill look into those.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I just picked up a Kali Amara helmet (L/XL) that I needed to add thicker pads to fit my 23.6" head. This should work for up to a 25" head and the outside looks very trim when fitted. Worth checking out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I've got the Giro Venti and have been happy with it. Looks like a "normal" bike helmet, just made to fit huge heads.

mtbr member
    I have a large noggin and wear a Specialized Airforce 3...fits great and looks as good as a bike helmet can...lol...and can be had pretty cheap now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=ridewiththedarksidelooks like they wont be out till June though..[/QUOTE]

Can you cite your sources, by any chance? I am in the helmet market, and it's the Poc I'm after!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ridewiththedarkside
    Thanks I tried a search but did not come up with anything. Ill look into those.
    Clydes section.Scroll down to about 1 week ago. Helmets to fit my big dome.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    http://us.uvex-sports.com/cycling/pr...&pModel=magnum

Full disclosure: "I don't own one"
    whatever...