mtbr member

Has it been invented?

A F/S 29er with disc brakes that can handle a 370 lbs 6' 4'' rider? Ive contacted Specialized and they told me their F/S bikes are not for riders over 300 lbs. My goal is to get around 275 lbs and if i have to wait then fine, this gives me the motivation i need to break the 300 mark. I was just wondering if there is a bike i could look at now? I love my P1 all mountain bike i have now but the fork was so week i had to put a ridged fork on it to get me by and the rim brakes wont stop me and i just want a 29er . So does this bike exist? thanks Bobby

Former Bike Wrench
    check out the Lenz Behemoth

http://www.lenzsport.com/behemoth.html

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Don't know much about F/S bikes, but I know I've read about a few heavies that sent their rear shocks to PUSH to get revamped and had good luck. Do a search for PUSH.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Ventana.

29 some of the time...
    Ventana is a good recommendation. You can also talk to WaltWorks, he uses a Ventana rear end but a custom steel front triangle built to your spec/weight Steel may take the abuse a bit better as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the recommendations, i look into all of them.

Im really going to have to do something, today while riding about 2 miles on the trail my rear hub exploded. I was in granny up front and 3rd in the back going up a hill ( sitting) and something let lose in the rear??? now it wont pull at all, had to walk out. Looks like im going to have to upgrade everything on this bike if i cant find one.

The part that really sucks is my neighbor has been using my old mongoose Walmart bike ( which i have not touched sense the day i bought it 7 yrs ago and is on its third set of tires) to ride with me. I havnt even changed the chain on it, and it works flawlessly. I have been explaining to him that if he is going to buy one to get a real bike, not a walmart piece of junk. Well the last two times we have been out my Real Bike has broke and left me stranded. Not sure if he is buying what i have been preaching. Man it sucks to ahve to quit riding when you just get warmed up.