mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Got myself a bike

I was going to get back into riding a couple years ago when I signed up here, but that didn't pan out. Been lurking agin for a few months and finally bit the bullet. Last time I really road was nearly 1.5 decades ago, and it's way past time to get back into shape.

I had some crap experiences with a couple local shops recently, one was pretty much due to me being a fatty and the other was probably because I wasn't interested in a fixie. But, I found a shop that was super cool and told me basically there are lots of bikes that will work for my girth, and I could have a hardtail and not a full rigid, which I thought I might have to get with my planned budget.

Now and I freakishly proud of my just picked before work tonight Rockhopper. Got a nice little spin out of it in the parking lot at work. Things I have noticed that have changes since my so fly neon green/white/pink Klein from way back in the day. Disc brakes are pretty damn cool and drivetrains/shocks are way smoother.

That is all for my excitement until I take pictures and post them, but I am trying to refrain from doing that.

mtbr member
    Take some pics and post them. This is the Clydesdale Forum. You are among friends.

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    Awesome, just ride the crap out of it and have fun. Ride it everywhere, the more your ride the quicker you get. Today's bikes are built and ride pretty nice, but so do the old neon kleins... I still ride mine. Good luck and have fun.

mtbr member
    Congratulations on the bike, have fun!
    I ride at night - see my tips for Night Cycling
    My Blog: Cycling For Beginners

hak
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    nice. i too had a klein that i sold, and also am getting back on the bike. keep it up!