I'll take you there.
    Mar 2009

Good platform bike pedal for a Clyde.. suggestions?

My standard wellgo pedals on my '08 Haro Escape have begun to creek crazy bad.. they are not made with screws but rather with some kind of soft metal rivet that got loose from all my pounding. My LBS is refunding them for me, through Haro, and I have to use the $$ to buy a new set. I need something good and durable.

Heres the trick, I cant get the Crank Bros 50/50 style pedals because I ride using Power Grips.

So both ends of the pedal need to be flat-ish, not angled. I have hella legs and put hella torque on my pedals, so if you guys know of anything really solid, I'd like to know form a fellow Clyde before I take my LBS recommendation of the WTB Momentum pedal set.

Any help is appreciated. I love my Power Grips and just need something durable and compatible.

Former Bike Wrench
    The WTB's are super solid...bearings at both ends of the cro-mo spindle. Also has a forged (vs cast which is more common) body and a replaceable steel cage. For using Power Grips...I can't think of a better pedal

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm stating the obvious that all the really good mtb pedals for clips/straps have long gone.
    It could even be said all the really good pedals have gone... period.

Those WTB pedals look like every other pedal like it these days... made by Wellgo. Not that Wellgo makes all cheap stuff.... I've use the MG-1 for years trouble free. It's a huge paltform for size 15 feet, but no, it can't take power grips. It just grips well to your shoes.

Performance sells a Forte ATB comp pedal that takes clips....probably made by Wellgo too. But, people seem to like it.

Otherwise there's ebay for some classic ones, when parts were really good.

I'll take you there.
    Mar 2009
    hm... not many choices..

I'll take you there.
    Mar 2009
    Are these Wellgo LU 953 pedals too big to use with Power Grips?

For those who dont know what Power Grips look like, its: