mtbr member
    May 2013

Good day good ride...

I enjoy reading others ride stories so I figured I'd share mine. Woke up and weighed myself and I was down another 6 pounds so that was nice. Makes a total of 68# lost since my heaviest and 32# down since I started biking again. Anyway, the wife had the day off work so we went geo caching as a family. Our two sons had a blast and we put about 9 miles on the bikes. The family then went home and I went for my ride. My typical bike (cannondale ht XT/XTR build) is down for some maintenance so I was on my old Univega. Wasn't sure how I was going to like it, it has been a long time since I used it for anything other than running around town bike it I loved it. What a great old bike, that steel frame is such a smooth ride, I did an additional 9 miles on road/gravel and 4 of dirt. The best part was how good I felt duri gthe ride, no longer feeling like I was going to die on the climbs...lol. I still have over a 100# yet to loose but I can't get enough of riding now. Here's a pic of the old girl.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Old girl looks really good. Congrats on the great amount of weight lost so far! ! ! You keep losing as much as you want, your wife will have a new husband... (if you know what I mean)

Portable Audio Nerd,...
    This makes me realize I could have purchased a nice low cost but well made Univega bike locally and saved a whole bunch of trouble. The luv for the brand seems solid. The bikes, though old, seem well made to boot.

Le sigh,...great bike!!!
    I ride to feel alive!!!