Get some weight off?
I am 5'10" / 335 lbs. and am down to 4 bikes. Trance, Reign, Heckler and Butcher.
I found a bike on CL (Reign SX) that I really like but have some rear shock questions. I was reading some other threads that stated that a guy my size can't set up a FS bike properly at my weight, that I will ruin and blow out rear shocks. First of all, I'm not a "hard" rider, at least not right now. I need to get this weight down to a bit more manageable level first. Mainly single track/trails and then will progress as I go.
This particular bike has a rear shock with 500 and 650 lb. springs. Will the 650 set up work at my weight?
Rest of the bike specs are below: Looks like the other aftermarket parts should hold up o.k.
• 2010 Giant Reign SX frame (size medium)
• FOX DHX RC2 coil shock with a 500lb and a 650lb spring
* Avid Elixir 9 hydraulic brakes 180mm front 160m rear
• FOX 34 Talas fork
• Shimano Deore-XT Crankset // 170mm, 2x10, 38/26, FC-M785
• Shimano XT CS-M771-10 Speed Cassette 11-36T, 10 Speed
• KMC Chain
• Shimano XT SL-M780 Dyna Sys Shifter Pods/Levers
• Avid Elixir 9 hydraulic brakes 180mm front 160mm rear
• Race Face respond low riser bars
• Giant Bikes Contact Am Stem 31.8 Clamp, 60mm
• WTB Pure V saddle
• Giant Seat post
• Hope Hoops Pro 2 Evo Stan Flows ZTR EX tubeless wheels
• Maxxis Minion Maxiss High Roller Tires
• RockShox 12x135mm thru-axle rear end
• FSA Head set
• DMV Valut Pedals
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »