Making fat cool since '71

A gathering of the "Gravy Set"

...or clydes gone wild or whatever you want to call it.

I was just thinking there may be interest in getting a "Clydes/Athenas" group ride put together. Other websites/forums do it and they seem to be good times so why the hell not us larger than life types?

I'm not suggesting any time/place at the moment and I know we are spread out (pun intended) all over the place, but I'm willing to travel a bit for a good weekend of riding and fellowship! I'd be willing to set something up here in OR. I imagine it would be small (pun not intended) the first time or three, and I could aquire a pretty sweet camping area in Oakridge, Oregon that our mountain bike club (Disciples Of Dirt) can crash when we need. It's on the Willamette River in the heart of the best mountain biking in Oregon and probably in the US, give or take a few awesome trails in CO, ID, and UT (and maybe other places I've not ridden to be sure!).

Anyway, think on it, respond with thoughts and lets see if we can make something happen. Like I say, it doesn't have to be here (OR), but I can tell you the riding is most excellent and I can access a cool spot to hang/recover/hydrate/eat bacon/swill booze/etc.

Discuss.

Brock...

P.S. Let Us Ride.
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Seriously? Nobody? Wow...

Brock...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

SF Bay Area Superclyde Rides

I'm tired of chasing after my 150lb riding buddies on the climbs. Which isn't to say I don't want to ride with them anymore, it'd just be nice to have another 300-pounder to talk to while the 150-pounders are waiting at the top of the hill.

After my plate comes out, and after my Heckler comes together, I will be totally down to ride the Tilden Loop, the West Ridge-East Ridge Loop, China Camp, Tamarancho, and MAYBE Pine Mountain. Further excursions are possible.

Chilling out

group rides r good

imaklyde - just saw the thread so don't blame me for not posting. ;^)

It's be a fun thing, but I can't make it up to oregon, much as I'd love to see Corvalis (sp?) and Bend and other places to be sure.

FWIW, me and a friend (clydeworthy in overall mass and bike parts breakage even if he is more fit than he should be - he's like 6' 5" or something) will be heading out to CO/NM/UT for a bit of ariding vacation at the end of August. Hard dates are not set BUT ... the weekend of Fri 8/31 to Mon 9/3 is currently projected at "working" the Moab/Fruita/Grand Junction area. Yes it will be hot. Yes we will still be riding smartly using early starts and so forth. We're in central texas so the temps will not be something we're unaccustomed to, what we'll be having to be careful about is solar exposure and dehydration. The bulk of our trip is going to be in Colorado in thie high-er country, and that itinerary is much less solid at this time. We're going to be camping/RVing (me and the mrs have a camper-trailer) for the most part.

That's the stuff I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    imaklyde - just saw the thread so don't blame me for not posting. ;^)

It's be a fun thing, but I can't make it up to oregon, much as I'd love to see Corvalis (sp?) and Bend and other places to be sure.

FWIW, me and a friend (clydeworthy in overall mass and bike parts breakage even if he is more fit than he should be - he's like 6' 5" or something) will be heading out to CO/NM/UT for a bit of ariding vacation at the end of August. Hard dates are not set BUT ... the weekend of Fri 8/31 to Mon 9/3 is currently projected at "working" the Moab/Fruita/Grand Junction area. Yes it will be hot. Yes we will still be riding smartly using early starts and so forth. We're in central texas so the temps will not be something we're unaccustomed to, what we'll be having to be careful about is solar exposure and dehydration. The bulk of our trip is going to be in Colorado in thie high-er country, and that itinerary is much less solid at this time. We're going to be camping/RVing (me and the mrs have a camper-trailer) for the most part.
    Trips to places! I'm down to travel a bit. I lived in GJ (graduated H.S. and undergrad there) for 12 years and go back almost every year. I could be talked into a "meeting" at a place like GJ or something. The Bay area is cool as well. I have family in Stockton (I hate Stockton) and could do a "combo" trip for riding down there!

Even a small coagulation of "us" would be cool to start of with. You know that when Clydes get rolling (pardon the pun) we can carry some awesome momentum.

Discuss: GJ in late August/early September?

Brock...

Members who have read this thread: 0