mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Fuji Bike Build?

I've been in the market for a bike, but haven't purchased anything due to a lack of funds for a bike that I really want. Anyways I was just given a Fuji Odessa 25th anniversary bike (1995 I think) and I actually really like the way it rides. I haven't been able to find much information on it though. I was wondering if it would be worth it to build this bike into something that I can enjoy or should I just save up for something else?

The main thing that I want to get is double walled wheels and some better tires, and maybe a new brake setup. I'm a bigger guy so I need it to be sturdy and be able to handle some moderately rough trails occasionally. Any advice is appreciated!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Also if you guys can point me in the right direction for some of these parts I would really appreciate it. I have no idea where to begin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I'm sure that was a really nice bike back in 1995. So much has progressed in the 17 years since then that for what you will put into that bike you can spend and a get new bike that is of a higher caliber. My thoughts would be to ride it as is and save for a new bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yea your right. Is there an inexpensive Tire that I can get that will hold up a little better in the mean time, the current tires are really skinny and are barely holding up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by damien1350 View Post
    Yea your right. Is there an inexpensive Tire that I can get that will hold up a little better in the mean time, the current tires are really skinny and are barely holding up.

I see 2.1 Kenda Nevagals going between $20-$25 online. Not the fastest rolling tire but decent grip and the price is hard to beat.

I am the Tin Man!
    Always alot more expensive to try to upgrade an existing bike rather than buy a bike that already has what you are looking for.
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?