I plead the fizif

FS Weight limits / Preload adjustment ?

I am looking around online at the array of FS bikes out there for my dream list and notice that none of them seem to mention weight limits for their suspension. I am 6' 295lbs and would like to know if, for example, the Kona Kikapu Deluxe can handle my weight. I want to know if there is enough preload adjustment to handle my weight so I am at the proper ride height.

Former Bike Wrench

Should Work

Quote Originally Posted by TronCarter
    I am looking around online at the array of FS bikes out there for my dream list and notice that none of them seem to mention weight limits for their suspension. I am 6' 295lbs and would like to know if, for example, the Kona Kikapu Deluxe can handle my weight. I want to know if there is enough preload adjustment to handle my weight so I am at the proper ride height.
    I believe the Fox Float R can handle up to 300psi and the Kikapu Deluxe has a low 2:1 suspension ratio so you probably wont need to get near the psi near the max (lower leverage ratios require less psi in the shock)

Bike wise, it might be worth your while to look at the Dawg...a bit more burly frame and components and a still relatively low 2.5:1 suspension ratio (5" of travel, similar shock). Might hold up a little better.

mtbr member
    I recently bought a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR Comp. When I bought it I weighted around 330lbs. At the time I purchased it I inquired if there were any weight limits and was told that there were none. The Stumpy is built like a bullet proof tank and your current weight is well within the weight limits of this bike as far as setting a proper sag adjustment.

"You want to do WHAT???!!

STOP!!!!!! Don't buy the Kikapu Deluxe

Don't buy that Kikapu unless you have had a chance to really ride it on a good trail. I made the mistake and it cost me about $650. Ended up selling it at a great loss less than a year after I bought it. It was just too light and would get to shaking at speed...scared the bejesus out of me a few times.

I dug deeper into my bank account and bought a Titus....what a difference.

As for the limits on the shocks....Fox has great technical support and I found that I was no where near the limits (300lbs) after setting it up for my 265' svelt frame.....LOL

Jesus loved the dinosaurs
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashGordon
    Don't buy that Kikapu unless you have had a chance to really ride it on a good trail. I made the mistake and it cost me about $650. Ended up selling it at a great loss less than a year after I bought it. It was just too light and would get to shaking at speed...scared the bejesus out of me a few times.

I dug deeper into my bank account and bought a Titus....what a difference.

As for the limits on the shocks....Fox has great technical support and I found that I was no where near the limits (300lbs) after setting it up for my 265' svelt frame.....LOL
    Which Titus did you buy, the Motolite or the El Guapo?