Thread: Fox X2

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Fox X2

Hi All

I am looking for real world experience with the Fox X2. I am 215 geared and wondering if i can still use this shock. Fox Revised the PSI limit to 250 and I am wondering if i will be over the limit.

I have tried to find a thread but cannot find enough info.

I currently ride an Evil Wreckoning and would love to run this shock.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Yeah you're fine, I am 220 geared up and run about 210psi for 20%sag, its perfect.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    How do you like that Evil Wreckoning?
    I am thinking of buying one but hope to find an XL to see if it fits me first.

mtbr member
    It's going to depend on how aggressive of a rider you are and what your local trails are like. I'm about 210 in gear and I'm running 240 on my shock pump so about 230/235 in the shock. remember sag is just a starting point, not the be all end all. If I was any heavier I would be nervous. I went with the lbs recommendation also knowing that I'll be dropping another 20lb by May
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowsed341 View Post
    Hi All

I am looking for real world experience with the Fox X2. I am 215 geared and wondering if i can still use this shock. Fox Revised the PSI limit to 250 and I am wondering if i will be over the limit.

I have tried to find a thread but cannot find enough info.

I currently ride an Evil Wreckoning and would love to run this shock.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Im 260 lbs and have a x2 on my hightower , i run 260 in the shock , i think when the recall happened the number that failed was like less than 10 out of 7000 . They increased the air can thickness and limited the spacers that could be installed . The ones i seen in pics had the shock filled with 7or8 spacers .. my thought are with the failure rate i will take those odds for a shock that works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I've been wondering the same. Does anyone have a comparison to another shock; same frame, different shock what pressure got you to the same sag?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    How do you like that Evil Wreckoning?
    I am thinking of buying one but hope to find an XL to see if it fits me first.
    Buy one, I love this bike. So fun and pedals pretty well. I actually ended up with an elevensix!!

Members who have read this thread: 45