mtbr member

Fox DHX Air 5.0-How do I set this thing?

Help? I just built a Turner with the Fox DHX Air 5.0 and need to learn how to adjust it for my size. I cannot find a decent instruction manual on line and need some suggestions before I screw it up royally and then spend my summer fighting with Fox about replacements and warranties untimately ending up at PUSH having logged no hours of fun on my recently built bike. I weigh 290 and currently have the shock pumped up to 280lbs. The smaller canister is at 150lbs. Any suggestions? I would take some advice on my forks too since we are on the subject. Fox Float 32 at 250lbs.
    Visit Ted's Broken Bike and Refurbished Unicycle Emporium

Making fat cool since '71
    Which bike? I had one on my first Turner (6pack; 3:1 ratio) and was never happy.

I would run closer to 180 or 190 in the boost-valve (small can); it works on a 125-200 range. 300 psi is the max for the main can on the DHX air. What sag are you getting now? At 260lbs on the 6Pack and 280 psi I would get close to 30% sag, but crappy suspension performance; the whole no mid-stroke crap that's been discussed ad naseum on e-forums.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

29 some of the time...
    manuals:
    Fox Tech

Fox will have some suggestions and air pressure ranges for the fork, but you are kind of on your own on the shock. Might get some info if you call up someone at Turner. Unfortunately ImaKlyde brought up the biggest issue you face. DHX air rides very far into its travel even on small bumps. You can try running a low volume air can, but even that may be good money after bad. Better bet would be a coil shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.