mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Found some tall cycling clothes, know of any others?

I finally found somewhere to get tall cycling clothes. I wrote a blog post about it: Tall Cycling Jersey and Other Tall Cycling Clothes. Does anyone know of any other places to get tall cycling clothes? I know Zinn does some, but kinda limited.

Thanks,
    Sam

Found some tall cycling clothes, know of any others?-portlandcyclingjacket.jpg
    6'7" 220lb blogging cyclist
    TallAdaptations.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I gave up on tall cycling apparel. What little exists is not worth the cost to me. I buy most of my shirt from Old Navy. They have cheap moisture wicking stuff and some nice windbreaker shells. I am 6'8" ~300lbs, so I need the length and an XXL or XXXL with some stuff. Other than Old Navy, I have some Nike basketball shorts and cutoffs that are longer in the back. I also have a moisture wicking long sleeve layer from Eddie Bauer that works well.

I still haven't solved the problem of cycling pants since I am not a fan of tights. I mostly ride with then weather is in the 60's and up due to that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Good point, I get some other clothes from Old Navy, never thought to try their sporting stuff for cycling.
    TallAdaptations.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Oldnavy.com | Old Navy

Just got one of these in blue. Going to grab more. Haven't used them for cycling yet because I busted my knee. I love the vents and they are nice and long.

Got this for when the weather is a bit cooler. The sleeves are exceptionally long, which made me quite happy.

Oldnavy.com | Old Navy

Got this for when the weather is even cooler. I size up the top layers to a XXXL to I have body room to layer and longer sleeves/body length.

Oldnavy.com | Old Navy

I did get a XXXLT wind breaker layer from old navy I wasn't happy with. The sleeves were too short for a XXXLT. They weren't any longer than another hooded wind breaker I have from Old Navy in XXLT.

By the way...like your blog. I started a tall blog at one point, I just didn't have the time to keep up with it. Its interesting the Honda Elemet fit tall people...the Pilot and CRV are so tiny and cramped inside, I would have thought the opposite. I drive an Xterra that fits me well. I have it lifted 2 inches and modified the seat so the front of it raises under my legs more. Best vehicle I have fit in so far was the Ford Raptor.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Those look great, hopefully can get them in Canada.
    Thanks for the feedback on the blog. It's tough to get going, but it's a long term project. Hope to see you in the comments!
    TallAdaptations.com