Clyde on a mission!
    Dec 2011

Found: Baggies for my 44" waist.

Yo, fellow clyde here..

I've been looking for some baggy shorts to replace those lycra ones I've been wearing, but most brands stop around 40".

I recently bought a pair of Pearl Izumi Canyon MTB shorts in XXL. According to PI's size chart they should fit a 42"-45" waist. They are easily big enough for my 44", in fact I've had to tighten the waist elastic 4 holes in both sides. Even after washing the still allow plenty of room, I think an XL would probably have fitted me better despite PI claiming that they are for 38-41 "inches" of whatever measuring tape they use.

I really like the inner shorts too, they don't hug my junk as tight as my Giordana lycras and are real comfortable in the saddle.

All in all, great pair of shorts, they look good, fit my heavy frame and the chamois and padding does the job - not to mention the shorts themselves are light and airy.

Update: I ordered a pair in size XL too and they fit a tiny bit tight on my waist, almost perfect. Once I downsize from a 44" waist to a 43.8" they will fit like a glove. I really like them, even though they have a snug fit around my waist they are still baggy and airy everywhere else.
    Last edited by Sandrenseren; 05-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.