mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Forte Classic Saddle (Performance)

I've been using WTB Rocket V saddles for a couple of years. Fit me really well, very comfortable. I find the upward sweep of the back of the saddle a little annoying now that I'm trying to get behind the saddle a little more. More importantly, I seem to bend the rails on this saddle every 9 months or so.

After the most recent rail-bending incident, I bought the Forte Classic Saddle at Performance. Money was tight and I was in a hurry to get a new saddle before my next weekend ride. The shape is somewhat reminiscent of the Terry Fly, leather cover, 310 grams. Only $39.99 if you ask them to match the web price. After one 20 mile ride, I'm pretty happy with it. Not quite as comfortable as the Rocket V, but pretty close, and I'm hoping it gets better after a couple of rides.

Part of my thinking is if I'm destined to bend rails regularly, it would be nice find an inexpensive saddle.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Have any other clydes ever gotten this saddle?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have...and I'm certainly a clyde. It's very comfortable, even on my hardtail. I've had it for a while and the longest ride has been about 30 miles. At the end of that trip, it started making itself known to my rear, but what saddle wouldn't?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Glad to hear you liked it.

Well, I just bent the rails on the Forte Saddle last week. I came off a 2.5 foot drop, my left foot came unclipped from the pedals (my spd pedal had somehow gotten to the easiest setting), and I went from standing on the pedals to slamming my ass on the saddle. To the credit of the Forte Classic I felt no discomfort and I guess I canít expect any saddle to put up with that abuse. I may get another soon.

In the mean time, I did one fairly long ride with a wtb speed V and liked that pretty well, but my son says I have to put it back on his bike soon.