mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Fork Help for my FSR XC

Hey guys here is my question. I want to upgrade my 07 FSR XC fork i have the recon 335 100mm coil. I want some more travel and according to specilized I can do up to 130mm here is my confusion.. I know this is a trail bike so I am not trying to add a 160mm fork to make this into a DH bike. I love this bike nd dont mind investing some money in the fork, I do ride very aggresive some drops here in there love doing real tech trails I also weigh 240lb . I added the Azonic outlaw wheels for strength being that I broke a spoke on the stock mavic's any here is where I am confused which fork?? I am looking at Rock Shox Revelation 426 coil uturn or the Pike 426 Coil Uturn why the pike cause of the 20mm thru axle and I can convert my outlaws to match do you guys think its worth going for the pike and thru axle to set it up bombproof so to say. Or go with a Marchozzi xc 700 sl or a Fox F120 and forget the thru axle all together and go for something light and some more travel remember I do weigh 240lb so weight isnt my biggest issue. And yes I know I can get another bike but I like this one and dont mind upgrading. What do you guys think any help would be appreciated thanks again

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Anybody please help .

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Anybody please help .

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Big guy going aggressive? Definitely go for the 20mm setup.

I'm still wishing for an 32mm stanchion 80mm XC fork with a 20mm axle (the ultimate clyde race bike setup)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yeah i went for the Rock Shox Pike 454 coil 95-140mm Uturn. I got it for a good price and the 454 is the lighest of the Pike