Thread: First Ride-

save the planet!

First Ride-

So, my new ride came in on Friday, Kona Hoss 22" and today will be my frist ride when I get home from the office. Cannot wait-

I hesitated to ride this weekend due to the weather, but I am pretty siked.
    Just had to share.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by beatmix01
    today will be my frist ride
    DOOO IT!
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

save the planet!
    so the first ride came and went. hit a few of the trails i used to ride back in middle/high school and let me say that they seem much harder now...lol. Anyway, here is my review. Within 5 minutes on the bike, I managed to get the chain to slip off the front cassette while changing gears. Had to manually put that back on. I guess if it keeps happening I should bring it back to the LBS for some tuning. Other than that, I tooled around for about 45 minutes and starting really feeling the burn. Started getting dark so had to head back.
    The other thing I noticed, was a little bit of chain rub coming from the front derailleur, not sure if this is normal or not.

Ready for day two I say.

btw. If my lingo is off, let me know and bare w/ me as I am new to all of this.

Thanks.

Freshly Fujified

Adjustments needed

. Within 5 minutes on the bike, I managed to get the chain to slip off the front cassette while changing gears. Had to manually put that back on. I guess if it keeps happening I should bring it back to the LBS for some tuning. The other thing I noticed, was a little bit of chain rub coming from the front derailleur, not sure if this is normal or not.
    Thanks.
    Glad to hear you like the bike. Enjoy it in good health. I would take the bike back to the LBS and have the front derailleur looked at before it gets any worse. Probably a minor adjustment, but you want (and deserve) the bike to be in tip-top shape.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

bi-winning
    the front cassette
    btw. If my lingo is off, let me know and bare w/ me as I am new to all of this.

Thanks.
    The sprockets at the front are usually referred to as chainrings.

The front derailleur will need a small adjustment, but there is no need to worry. It should not be a big deal.

If the LBS does not tune it to your liking, people here will help you out.

Ah yes, you like to feel the burn. haha. More rides=more fun.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Ride it, enjoy it suffer your self and then keep riding. Of course take the bike to the mechanic and look at him fixing the bike, you will enjoy way more if you understand your baby.

Glad to Be Alive
    congrats to you..........now man................ post some pics of that thing
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days