mtbr member
    Jan 2008

First night on the SS.

So, I might be buying my buddies Redline Monocog. He's rode it twice, doesn't like it.

Great opportunity for me.

Rode it tonight, after committing a multitude of fouls, even though it was a very short ride. (3<)

#1: I drank before I rode. I wasn't expecting to ride tonight, so I pushed back a few PBR's. So, was dehydrated on the ride.

#2: Forgot to adjust the seat. Bad Mojo

#3: I haven't rode in 2 weeks. Figured I could just go out there and hammer.

Even though all these things were bad, I still had a blast. But, I do have a question. I'm quite sure it's been brought up before but . . .

After riding it for those three miles, I feel like I just got out of the ring with Mike Tyson. My ribs, back, kidneys area, all of it. Hurting. Not severe pain, just a bit sore.

Rigid Fork causing it? Does this get better, like saddle soreness when you first start the season?

local trails rider
    The rigid fork probably did its part...

I find that riding my SS HT (suspension fork) works my shoulders, arms and back much more than a "gearie" bike. I get more of a full body workout (although I ride for fun, I realise that it must have some effect on my physical condition too ).

The rigid fork obviously makes you feel the bumps more. There's more need to pick lines and remain relaxed but not slack on the bike.

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by DKeeney
    #1: I drank before I rode. I wasn't expecting to ride tonight, so I pushed back a few PBR's. So, was dehydrated on the ride.
    This is suppose to help you ride a rigid SS. I know it always helps me.