mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Finally got a bike...

Here was the thread from a few months ago when I started my search for my first bike in 10+ years:
    Help! This uber needs his first bike...

My tax return came in so I was able to go out shopping. I ended up buying the first bike I tried out... I think I mentally committed to it before going to the shop, so the test drive was just a formality. Here she is:

Went with the Redline D440 as I decided I wanted a geared fully rigid, and there aren't a lot of options out there. So far I'm very happy with the purchase. Picked it up last night and rode it round the block a few times in the dark. My 7-year old son joined me for the first ride... in fact it was our first bike ride together ever... an emotional experience for sure. Anyhow, I'm down to around 350lbs and feeling good. Hope the bike helps me cross the 300lbs mark sometime this summer. My eating is going great, and my energy levels are the highest they've been in 5 years or so. Really pumped about getting going.

As a side note, for others with a fat head who are having trouble finding a helmet that fits, I ended up getting a Giro Venti helmet... fits my enormous head great and is very comfortable.

mtbr member
    Congrats! The bike looks great. Good luck with the weightloss.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Adim_X
    Congrats! The bike looks great. Good luck with the weightloss.
    +1!

Looks good! Keep riding!

Former Bike Wrench
    Great choice, the D440 is a great bike...there should be more full rigid geared options on the market!

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Very nice! Keep up the good work on the weight loss
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX